The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Default 10CC/Little River Band new D18 RAW demo

Yo AGF Homies,

I just a woke up, grabbed my new Martin D18 with the FS/scalloped braces, retro appts., custom bone pins by Bob Colosi, D'Addario EJ16 tuned down 1/2 step and a LR Baggs M1A (unplugged here on her maiden flight)...and felt like doin' a raw acoustic twofer from my live set to see how she sounded as if we were jus' sittin' around for a jam.
A brush or two to my hair and teeth would have been nice first, but I was half asleep yet in the moment! ...of course the clock tickin' in the backround adds ambiance. Hah! Please excuse my whiskey bent vox but it's not the Crown Royal, but rather singin' 40+ songs a gig...and I'm gettin' old-er.

As a first demo for this guitar, I am happy with 'er tone. Although I'm mostly a flesh f/s player, this demo articulates the dynamics pretty well with a pick. As the top loosens it won't sound as tight, however, the grain/cross silking on this Sitka is remarkable. The PA tapered neck is nice, but could use some fatter/taller frets, but action and relief were perfect out of the box...count this as my review, Martin did a fine job with this design
I'm Not In Love segue Cool Change
Old 11-01-2014, 09:43 PM

Default 10CC/Little River Band new D18 RAW demo

Eric my brother, what a nice surprise to have a live mini concert by one of my very favorite musicians. Sitting here on the couch with the wifey thoroughly loving your singin' and playin'. What a treat! I am loving your new Martin dread. It's a great complement to your stellar vocals. Now on a totally different subject my man. Your Noles better not go sleepin' on my Canes in a week or so. I'm liking what I'm seeing from THE U. Duke Johnson is The Man and the true freshman QB Kayaa is playing great. Just sayin'

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'
Old 11-02-2014, 03:45 AM

hi Mr. Noledog, very very cool. What a nice guitar. Your voice is fantastic. Really enjoyable.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:57 AM

Hey buddy, I just listened to all 11 minutes (although I had to pause it to warm up my coffee, lol). It's great! Your voice fits that song(s) perfectly and the D-18 sounds great too, right from the very first lyric you sing.

Is that a clock I hear ticking at the end?
Old 11-02-2014, 08:26 AM

Very well done, Eric! I haven't thought of those songs in years!! Deb and I used to have "Cool Change" in our song list years ago. Your excellent rendition has inspired me to dig that one up and dust it off. Thanks for sharing those!!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 11-02-2014, 11:05 AM
AGF Administrator

You saw my YouTube comments, rock star! Awesome vox and that Martin sounds great! Makes me miss my old D-18 a bit.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Charter Member

Eric... you start out... and then the voice builds great. It gets better throughout, and it starts great. Nice job - and cool song choices! I like different!
Old 11-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Musical minimalist

Cool Change is one of my all time faves - never even thought about solo acoustic with it! Very cool....

Old 11-03-2014, 01:33 AM

Very nice Eric. First I heard of these songs and you did a great interpretation. That Martin sustains and sounds larger than life. As a good dread should.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Berger View Post
Eric my brother, what a nice surprise to have a live mini concert by one of my very favorite musicians. Sitting here on the couch with the wifey thoroughly loving your singin' and playin'. What a treat! I am loving your new Martin dread. It's a great complement to your stellar vocals. Now on a totally different subject my man. Your Noles better not go sleepin' on my Canes in a week or so. I'm liking what I'm seeing from THE U. Duke Johnson is The Man and the true freshman QB Kayaa is playing great. Just sayin'
Brutha Stevee Beeeeeeeee! Thanks so much my homie for the super kind props!
Ahh to have you & I watchin' "Canes/Noles football in my crib with guitars in hand, a plate of wings & some Crown! Brother is home callin' you yet?! ...jus' sayin'
Hugs and thanks to Nancy too, we'll be talkin' this game soon!
btw FL/GA tailgate wuz a blast this past SAT...then had to go sing outside in the cold for 4 hours Sunday! ....uh cold here is anything below 70.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for posting this - nice job! I occasionally play for boater functions - I worked up Cool Change to add to the song list after seeing your vid.

We saw Little River Band in concert earlier this year - still rockin' the harmonies.

Best wishes,
Captain Jim
Old 11-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaorden9 View Post
hi Mr. Noledog, very very cool. What a nice guitar. Your voice is fantastic. Really enjoyable.
Thanks so much del, 'precciate ya chimin' in so kindly!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hey buddy, I just listened to all 11 minutes (although I had to pause it to warm up my coffee, lol). It's great! Your voice fits that song(s) perfectly and the D-18 sounds great too, right from the very first lyric you sing.

Is that a clock I hear ticking at the end?
Yo Dru my bud, thanks a bunch for enduring all 11 min.! ...I could have used some coffee that mornin' ...and yes that is the clock keepin' it real time in the backround! ...'preciate ya bud
Old 11-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
Very well done, Eric! I haven't thought of those songs in years!! Deb and I used to have "Cool Change" in our song list years ago. Your excellent rendition has inspired me to dig that one up and dust it off. Thanks for sharing those!!
Yo yo Bob, thanks for the kind chime in bro! I know you and Deb would do a killer job on this, I hope to hear it soon...love ya'll's music!
Old 11-04-2014, 02:26 PM

Eric,

Boy that Martin sounds great (love down 1/2 step tuning), and for "morning voice" you sound pretty good too.

Those songs brought back memories, nice little sofa concert, well done my friend.

I hope an OM-18A finds its way into your life some day, it would be a good pairing........

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell