The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-10-2012, 10:28 AM

Default propsom guitars

I guess one of the joys of this area is that I have been able, after years of playing guitars, been able to own and play two Propsom guitars, and two Schulte guitars, which knock everything else I"ve played out of the saddle. These two build fine instruments, true story, I was at a vineyard perfomance of Mike Propsom, at the end of the performance, I bought the guitar he was playing. now I have to fight with my son over who gets temporary custody and beg to get it from him for gigs. Loren Schulte wants me to take mine in for a 10000 mile warranty check, but I can't be without it for more than a day or two. the nice thing also is that you show them how you play, and then the guitar is set for you. and they have an attachment to each guitar. at my age, I laugh at the fact that two very important positions to be in, is close to your doctor and your luthiers.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the kind words, John. Now, if you can just get both of your padauk Propsoms in the same room for a family photo.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:56 PM

This weekend I caught up with John wielding his pair 'o padauk Propsoms at an after gig party. Although not identical twins, the SJ and OM do qualify as siblings, coming from the same 4/4 padauk board I bought back in 1984.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop