The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-02-2016, 04:52 PM

Default New Strings

Just got an email from StringsByMail, called Maestrale by Dogal, for both classical and flamenco.
Does anyone have knowledge of Dogal and their other strings, or of these by chance?
I'm limited in my knowledge of different strings, and tinker with different ones from time to time, looking for that grail.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 08-03-2016, 05:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm limited in my knowledge of different strings, and tinker with different ones from time to time, looking for that grail.
I'm with you on that!
I got that email as well, and was also intrigued, but don't know anything about them.
I checked over at the Delcamp Classical forum, and one Dogal string brand in particular, the Diamante series, gets generally rave reviews by the classical crowd over there. It appears to be a similar string to the Savarez line from a tone and feel point of view. (Savarez Corum is what I use for basses, so I'm very familiar with those. I also use D'Addario Pro Arte J46 trebles. That combo is the best I've found for me so far, after much experimenting. But always have an eye out for something new.)
But nothing on the Maestrale. They must have just come out. The only thing I can find is "marketing hype" from the people that sell them. They're also nearly twice as expensive as the Diamante line, already an expensive string.
So, StringByMail is offering a discount, so I'm mulling over trying a set just out of curiosity. If I do I'll post something about it. In the meantime maybe others on the forum with more specific knowledge will chime in.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann
Old 08-10-2016, 11:28 PM

Default Try it out dude.

Best way to know if they're any good is just to give them a shot. Certain strings just sound better with certain players and guitarists. I personally tend to just use the same strings: Savarez Alliance High Tension 540 series. Great trebles and sustain on my guitar. Bases are powerful and give me a nice rich punch.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:54 AM

I haven't tried the Maestrale strings, but here is at least one person on
Delcamp who has:

http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.co...?f=43&t=106249

-CW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical