The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-28-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Mac View Post
Same thing. Hear how the two and the four jump the beat? I'll PM you a link to mine. If you dislike what I've done, we can agree to disagree.
No disagreement here. I was just curious. I like the song so was interested how people approach it. Thanks for the link.

Lefty Acoustics

Martin 00-15M
Taylor 320e Baritone

Cheap Righty Classical (played upside down ala Elizabeth Cotten)
Old 05-28-2017, 11:16 PM
Charter Member

I would suggest that if you detune one of your guitars a full step to play RMH in the key of C out of the D position, then you explore some of John Fogerty's CCR work. You may have to adjust the key, but if you watch his videos since the late '90's Blue Moon Swamp, you will notice that whenever he plays a black Les Paul, he is always playing E chords in the key of D. So you can develop some of the CCR signature riffs for Proud Mary, Fortunate Son, Bad Moon Rising, Run Through the Jungle, Heard It Through the Grapevine, and Midnight Special just by having a guitar tuned down a full-step laying around for practice use. Then sing JD songs like RMH or I'd Rather Be a Cowboy in C with D chords.

CK
Old 05-29-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
I would suggest that if you detune one of your guitars a full step to play RMH in the key of C out of the D position, then you explore some of John Fogerty's CCR work. You may have to adjust the key, but if you watch his videos since the late '90's Blue Moon Swamp, you will notice that whenever he plays a black Les Paul, he is always playing E chords in the key of D. So you can develop some of the CCR signature riffs for Proud Mary, Fortunate Son, Bad Moon Rising, Run Through the Jungle, Heard It Through the Grapevine, and Midnight Special just by having a guitar tuned down a full-step laying around for practice use. Then sing JD songs like RMH or I'd Rather Be a Cowboy in C with D chords.

CK
Sometimes my baritone is too low for some songs. If it is a song that needs to finger picked putting a capo on the baritone works fine but if the song needs to be strummed forget it. So I will keep my Taylor in standard tuning and tune my Breedlove down one whole step!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion