The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-09-2017, 01:31 PM

Default NGD Emerald X20 Artisan Woody....Amber Quilted Maple

Loving my new Emerald X20 Artisan Woody. Just came yesterday. It arrived in perfect condition, very well packed and made it in less than a week.
In playing it through my Shertler Unico the tone is quite different than my other guitars which are made of wood. Plugged in, the tone is more pronounced, more defined or articulate than my other guitars. It lacks some in depth but that can be made up for with a bit more bass and mid eq. It took me an hour to dial it in to the tone I hoped it would provide. Its like my other guitars in wood but with more punch, if you will. I reacts well to a softer touch but even then it has punch, power pushing the tone out. Nice to hear it so well from the sound port facing up at me. Mine has the Element and I have always liked that one so that is part of the equation here.
The neck is fast yet wider than my other guitars as I go up the neck. I don't play up past the twelfth fret much so this is ok.
As I play it more, which will be a lot, I will try to write here anything that really stands out. But those of us who have Emerald guitars know that besides the stunning appearance and design, the playability and tone are also superb.

[/URL]

Last edited by hotroad; 05-09-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:35 PM

Your link does not work. How about some more info? What guitar is it? What do you like about it?
Old 05-09-2017, 01:40 PM

link didnt work for me. To post on the forum:
open Imgur then the Forum, move the screens around so you can see both, select one from the thumbnails on IMGUR and choose the DIRECT button you see on the right, go to the forum and choose the mountain button, a window will come up and you paste (control V), then the location address which is a bunch of numbers etc will show on the new post youre making, in this case you made. Add any text then select preview to see if the pics come up and how it looks overall. Go back to your thread and the symbols will show again but don’t worry. If your preview was ok it will be ok. Hit post and there you go.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:18 PM

Still having trouble with Imgur. All I end up with is the little square box instead of the actual image.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 05-09-2017, 03:17 PM

Photo just posted. Let the drooling begin.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 05-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

Hey Hotroad, that's gorgeous! I love it... and I hope you do too. When you have time, tell us more about the sound. Thanks for the pic. Congratulations to you!
Old 05-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful guitar Hotrod....I'm very interested in how you like it after playing it for a few weeks.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Congrats, hotroad. Looks wonderful and based on reports of other Emerald X20 (woody) owners, it likely sounds and plays great too. We'll be interested to know more from you as time goes on. Enjoy! I hope this guitar will be as well received in this 'General' forum as it would in the CF forum.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations, great looking guitar!!
Old 05-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

Congrats - she's a beauty! There is a downside of these woodies: wood guitars I have, pretty though they may be, kinda pale in comparison. Well, in looks and sound.

Enjoy! And, post some more impressions after you've had a week... or a month... or however much time you need to feel you're beyond that "honeymoon stage." I'll let you know when I get there.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:43 PM

Sweet classic amber quilted maple!! This is the original Emerald Woody that started it all for me! Enjoy, as usual, as give a review!
Old 05-09-2017, 11:54 PM
Charter Member

Boom! Another mug-club member! Congrats, she's a keeper..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2017, 09:04 AM

Nice! Wondering how much CF makes a guitar not a wood guitar? This is definitely in the crossover category. Looking forward to your thoughts as you get more time with this beauty.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 05-10-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Nice! Wondering how much CF makes a guitar not a wood guitar? This is definitely in the crossover category. Looking forward to your thoughts as you get more time with this beauty.
Aloha,

Alistair made a video in which he unboxes a shipment of veneer. The veneer is so thin that it's shipped rolled up! https://www.facebook.com/pg/EmeraldG...deos/?mt_nav=1

So except for a few grams of cosmetic wood, this is an all-carbon fiber guitar.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
Aloha,

Alistair made a video in which he unboxes a shipment of veneer. The veneer is so thin that it's shipped rolled up! https://www.facebook.com/pg/EmeraldG...deos/?mt_nav=1

So except for a few grams of cosmetic wood, this is an all-carbon fiber guitar.

That's the way I consider it too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber