The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 03-28-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsmyth9 View Post
Hi, I have a Kala Guitarlele. It is an older model no longer made with a 20 1/4" scale. I've used D'addario Requinto strings ( 22-36 ) with great success. I currently am stringing it with an unusual set from Southcoast Strings. It's a re entrant tuning in G tuning. The first 3 strings are the same as regular baritone and the last 3 are an octave higher. than regular guitar.
Regards, Brian
I recommend those strings from Southcoast wholeheartedly. They sound like this: https://youtu.be/5_dnYOa5w-w
Old 03-28-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centertao View Post
There is the issue of strings. I guess because it is a non-standard size. All the other 'Guitaleles' are 17" and so can use regular classic guitar strings tuned (A D G C E A). The maker, Kanilea, has strings specifically for the GL6, but I've yet to find an actually link to where I can buy them.
The Kanilea GL-6 strings are usually available at Hawaiian Music Supply for a cheaper price than Kanile'a sells them. I see that they are sold out at the moment. I buy several sets at a time since they do tend to sell out quickly.

http://www.theukulelesite.com/kanile...tring-set.html

Last edited by warndt; 03-28-2017 at 11:34 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Tags
guilele, guitalele