The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-06-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Happy to see Montreal flounder. They won't make the playoffs this year.

The Bruin's star rookie defenseman McAvoy is out 4 weeks with a MCL tear. Another big injury for the Bruins (Bergeron).
Adversity can bring a team together maybe more than anything else. Two years ago Evgeni Malkin went down with an injury at just about this time that kept him out until the start of the playoffs. Most hockey pundits said this would sink the Pens chances to make the playoffs (they had been rallying from a very poor start to their season). Instead the Pens went on a winning streak that ended up with a Stanley Cup Championship.

The Bruins are a deep team, and if they can survive this I think they'll be primed to make a long playoff run. Hopefully Bergeron and McAvoy will be completely healed, rested and ready to battle when the playoffs begin.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-06-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Adversity can bring a team together maybe more than anything else. Two years ago Evgeni Malkin went down with an injury at just about this time that kept him out until the start of the playoffs. Most hockey pundits said this would sink the Pens chances to make the playoffs (they had been rallying from a very poor start to their season). Instead the Pens went on a winning streak that ended up with a Stanley Cup Championship.

The Bruins are a deep team, and if they can survive this I think they'll be primed to make a long playoff run. Hopefully Bergeron and McAvoy will be completely healed, rested and ready to battle when the playoffs begin.
Malkin has really shined in the past when Crosby was injured. Now he's shining with Crosby in the lineup.

Bruins play tonight. I'll also be scoreboard watching to see if Taylor Hall gets a point. I'm rooting for him.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:40 PM

Marchand had 5 points last night with a hat trick! Including scoring the overtime winner for the 2nd consecutive game. Bruins are hot.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Marchand had 5 points last night with a hat trick! Including scoring the overtime winner for the 2nd consecutive game. Bruins are hot.
Beware The Bruins!!

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-07-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I've only been spot watching, but my timing has been good. I saw exactly 10 seconds of the Montreal game. Marchand was literally spinning around when I clicked it on. Scared my Cat when I yelled as he scored.

Last night, late night at work. Clicked on the radio just as they faced off and I wasn't even out of the parking lot and it was 2-0. Wasn't even on the highway yet and it was 2-2. First period ended 3-2, and I missed all the rest. They are en fuego!
Old 03-07-2018, 05:13 PM

I think the Pens are also sprinkling some of this sauce too!
Quote:
Beware The Bruins!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
I've only been spot watching, but my timing has been good. I saw exactly 10 seconds of the Montreal game. Marchand was literally spinning around when I clicked it on. Scared my Cat when I yelled as he scored.

Last night, late night at work. Clicked on the radio just as they faced off and I wasn't even out of the parking lot and it was 2-0. Wasn't even on the highway yet and it was 2-2. First period ended 3-2, and I missed all the rest. They are en fuego!
Good timing, Jim. I was scoreboard watching last night and I checked 1 minute in and it was already 2-0.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:16 PM

Tonight, it's my favorite regular season matchup: Pens vs Flyers. The rivalry is unparalleled for either team. What will undoubtedly make this game even more intense than the usual Pens/Flyers battle is the fact that it actually means something in the standings. One point separates the teams for 2nd and 3rd place in the Metro Division.

Normally I look forward to these games with some trepidation based on the injuries that the teams have inflicted on each other over the years, but tonight I'm looking forward to the Pens playing in Philadelphia, the most hostile environment they ever encounter. Sid has been playing without much passion for the past few weeks. The philly crowd never fails to ignite his play with their booing and chanting. Just the boost the Pens need.

This one will be worth watching. It'll be playoff level intensity. Go Sid! Go Pens!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-07-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Tonight, it's my favorite regular season matchup: Pens vs Flyers. The rivalry is unparalleled for either team. What will undoubtedly make this game even more intense than the usual Pens/Flyers battle is the fact that it actually means something in the standings. One point separates the teams for 2nd and 3rd place in the Metro Division.

Normally I look forward to these games with some trepidation based on the injuries that the teams have inflicted on each other over the years, but tonight I'm looking forward to the Pens playing in Philadelphia, the most hostile environment they ever encounter. Sid has been playing without much passion for the past few weeks. The philly crowd never fails to ignite his play with their booing and chanting. Just the boost the Pens need.

This one will be worth watching. It'll be playoff level intensity. Go Sid! Go Pens!
Just read on TSN and SportsNet (Canadian sports channels) that Crosby and McDavid were voted on by the NHLPA Poll (their piers) as the best players in the NHL. Crosby was voted hardest to play against and best role model.

It's a quick, easy read. Give it a look:
https://www.tsn.ca/the-players-have-...poll-1.1020078
Old 03-07-2018, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the link Dru! Sid also considered the one player you'd most like to have to win one game.

30 minutes until the puck drops in Philly.

Go Pens!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-07-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the link Dru! Sid also considered the one player you'd most like to have to win one game.

30 minutes until the puck drops in Philly.

Go Pens!!
I think that's one of the biggest honors when voted on by your peers.

Go Pens!
Old 03-08-2018, 06:32 AM

Pens win 5-2! Sid with 3 assists and a dominant 3rd period, skating circles around the Flyers. Unfortunately Bryan Rust left the game in the 1st period after getting boarded by Flyers defenseman Robert Hagg. Dirty hit, but it's the Flyers. Reports this morning are that Rust is being evaluated for a concussion.

On a positive note the Pens are now in first place in the Metro Division (although the Caps are only 1 point behind and have 2 games in hand). Sid's 3 assists give him 1,100 points for his career.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-08-2018, 10:29 AM

3 games for Backes seems excessive. That hit was a fraction of a second late, didn't look that bad, and in his long NHL career has never been fined or suspended. If this is the new standard, fine, as long as its consistently treated the same way in the future.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:26 PM

NHL explanation: https://www.nhl.com/video/backes-sus...360/c-58518803

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-08-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Pens win 5-2! Sid with 3 assists and a dominant 3rd period, skating circles around the Flyers. Unfortunately Bryan Rust left the game in the 1st period after getting boarded by Flyers defenseman Robert Hagg. Dirty hit, but it's the Flyers. Reports this morning are that Rust is being evaluated for a concussion.

On a positive note the Pens are now in first place in the Metro Division (although the Caps are only 1 point behind and have 2 games in hand). Sid's 3 assists give him 1,100 points for his career.
Crosby has climbed out of a plus- -15 (or so) to -1 now. Great trend over the past 2 months.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:57 PM

Marchand did it again. He scored the winning goal with 22 seconds left in the game. Bruins win 3-2 over the Flyers. 3 straight game winning goals.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic