The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 10:03 AM

Default SOLD 2016 Circa OM42 deluxe

SOLD is among the most beautifully and tastefully built guitars that I have ever played.*

Circa OM42 Deluxe, 15 inch wide lower bout almost identical in dimensions to the Martin OM size, mastergrade Adirondack spruce, figured Brazilian Rosewood, bookmatched brazilian rosewood bindings, paua abalone purflings on the top in OM42 configuration that follows the fretboard extension, paua abalone rosette, paua abalone snowflake fretboard markers, OM45 Deluxe style paua abalone inlays on the pickguard and bridge, fossilized walrus ivory bridge nut, pins and saddle, brazilian rosewood veneer on headstock overlay, torch inlay on headstock overlay done with paua abalone, the frets have been Plekked by T J Thompson, custom grey Calton flight case.

All the inlaying work was done by hand by John Slobod who is the solo luthier behind Circa guitars and it is flawless in execution. In fact the whole guitar is built with such skill that it is not boasting to say that you will not find better fit and finish and workmanship by any luthier or shop or factory in the world than this.

Tone wise - tone is difficult to explain with words given how subjective it is but the circa is a guitar that has all the power and percussive bass authority of the prewar Martin type of guitars but with amazing clarity at all times and a cloud of harmonics or overtones around the strong fundamental. It is the most physically responsive guitar i hv ever played in the sense that the body of the guitar will literally pulse with every note you play.

The price is ON HOLD not inclusive of shipping. Please contact me by PM if you are interested in the Circa.

Last edited by gitarro; 09-26-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:42 AM

Default Pictures

This is it I believe (correct me if I’m wrong).
http://www.luthierscollection.com/im...hp?id=Circa100
Old 03-16-2018, 01:00 PM

wow! drool worthy
Old 03-16-2018, 03:50 PM

Gorgeous! That Adi top is indeed mastergrade.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
This is it I believe (correct me if I’m wrong).
http://www.luthierscollection.com/im...hp?id=Circa100
Yes you are correct - that is indeed the guitar.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevien View Post
Really? A guitar of this magnitude & no pictures?
Steve
If you are keen on buying the guutar you can contact me by PM and I will be happy to send you the photos.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedeng88 View Post
Gorgeous! That Adi top is indeed mastergrade.
The Adirondack top is incredible quality with no imperfections but that is par for the course for John slpbod's guitats.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:55 PM
Charter Member

I'm speechless.

This is *holy crap* awesome. The variety and depth of coloring in that abalone purfling is beyond beautiful.

Absolutely amazing piece, has to be in the top 3 most beautiful guitars I've viewed on the AGF in the years I've been here.

GLWS

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 03-16-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
I'm speechless.

This is *holy crap* awesome. The variety and depth of coloring in that abalone purfling is beyond beautiful.

Absolutely amazing piece, has to be in the top 3 most beautiful guitars I've viewed on the AGF in the years I've been here.

GLWS
You are right there! It's not just the sheer quality of the abalone- it's the unearthly perfection of the work. Frankly John Slobod has got unbelievable woodworking chops but also a high level of taste at knowing when not to go OTT.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
Yes you are correct - that is indeed the guitar.
That is as nice an OM42/45 level guitar as exists anywhere!

Any soundclips?, surely you must have recorded yourself playing this fine guitar. Would sure be nice to hear.

Why are you selling this "best of the best"?...a guitar this fine is truly hard to come by or equal.

duff
Old 03-16-2018, 11:47 PM

Hello mcduffnw

I have just bought a traugott that was much more expensive than the circa and which surprisingly occupies an overlapping tonal territory. The circa is more percussive and traditional sounding while the traugott is even more clear and having even more note separation. The cost of the traugott has led me to put up most of my small collection for sale but also to find the polar opposite of the traugott in order to complement it - a super thick overtone and reverb heavy guitsr with a cavernous bass. So I'm thinking that selling the circa will finance the purchase of such a guitar. Otherwise i wouldn't want to ever sell the circa which is one of the best guitars i have ever played.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:20 AM

Thumbs up

Absolutely awesome guitar. On my short list for 'someday'. GLWTS!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:52 AM

I have had trade plus cash inquiries. I would be interested in exploring that kind of deal if it concerns a Ryan cathedral in brazilian rosewood or a guitar with thay kind of qualities. Please take note that I am not interested in any other kind of ryan guitsr other than a cathedral model.

Last edited by gitarro; 03-18-2018 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Charter Member

Hurry, sell all your guitars to buy this one....!!!
Old 03-18-2018, 03:41 PM

Stunning- PM Sent
2019 Eastman E6OM
2010 Fairbanks F-35
1955 Martin 00-18
2014 Santa Cruz F 12 String
2000 Traugott R

They say "in every life the rain must come down,"
Baby it just rains harder in some parts of town.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars