The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-14-2017, 08:17 PM

Default Inverter test

I decided to test out a little power inverter I have. I want to see if could run enough gear to make for some decent sound for a music camping trip out in the national forest. A place where we can get loud if we want.

Inverter - "Automaxx 350W 12V 30A Hybrid Pure Sine Power Inverter Built In Solar / AC Charge / AC Bypass Mode with USB"

Amp - Fishman Loudbox Mini

Mic - Shure SM 58

Powered Speaker - Harbinger 2112, has RCA inputs for recorded music.

Pedal Board - Zoom A-3, chorus pedal, reverb pedal, compressor pedal, MXR 10 band eq pedal, looper

Lighting - clip on utility lamp with a 15 (60) watt LED bulb.

Accent lighting - Soaiy light projection lamp.

Battery for test - 1 deep cycle marine battery

All of this has been powered on for a little over an hour with no issues. The battery still has 12.35 volts left in it.

I have a second battery and a 100 watt solar panel that I will take with me.

I think this will be fun.

EDIT: 1 hour later, battery at 12.23 volts.

EDIT: 40 min later and I unplugged everything, it's getting time to settle down for the night. The battery's volts jumped back up to 12.38.

So for 2 hours and 40 min this battery and inverter had an amp, power speaker, pedal board and lighting all going with juice to spare. Tomorrow I'll put both batteries, the solar panel and inverter onto a garden wagon I have. I figure when out camping, I can roll the wagon out of the shade and into the direct sunlight for maximum solar panel exposure. That should recharged the batteries from the previous nights use.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk

Last edited by Irish Pennant; 08-14-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:19 PM

Looking forward to updates
Old 08-14-2017, 10:48 PM

For comparison my 200 W Cotek PSW inverter will run my Carvin AG300 for over 8 hours before I need to charge the deep cycle 12 VDC 35 amp-hour battery. My inverter's low voltage alarm comes on at 11.4 VDC. I've looked at solar chargers, but I set up mine for gigs, and 8 hours is plenty long enough.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkbryan View Post
Looking forward to updates
I just got back from a 5 day camping trip. I didn't have one issue with power. The solar panel keep the batteries fully charged. The Fishman Loudbox and Harbinger speaker were more than enough for our camp. I had added a second LED light for nighttime playing. The USB port kept music players charged up. We had music going for all 5 days. I'd say that the inverter passed the test.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification