The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Tryin' to figure it out

Congrats to all the musicians on the CD! A great project and great tunes/performances!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:32 AM

Default Thanks!

Thank you to all involved in this project: J.R., Russ, Rebecca and all who are featured on the CD. I don't know if anyone else was involved that I should thank, but "thank you" to you also if there is! I'm expecting a few copies I ordered to arrive soon and can't wait to hear it. The samples are a great tease!

Joe B.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:45 AM
Charter Member

I haven't received any copies yet, but I was lucky enough to be on the selection committee (and as such couldn't vote on my own submitted material). Going through 104 submissions was both fun and grueling... and I think we all voted for things that didn't make it on this go-round. Having been selected to be on this first CD and in such wonderful musical company is exciting and humbling at the same time.

I discovered a new admiration not only for my fellow members, but for the committee, too, who took incredible pains to be both thoughtful and equitable as the process went forward.

I truly hope that folks who purchase this CD find it enjoyable!

Worry less about the guitars you want. Play the guitar you have more.
The answer will come, and it will not be what you expect.

A guitar is a tool, and a friend. But it is not the answer.

It is the beginning.

Current Guitars:

Taylor 716C Modified
Voyage-Air VAOM-04

CD: The Bayleys: From The Inside
CDBaby
Amazon
Also available from iTunes

Old 07-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Got my CDs today... man, this thing is the best yet. I will say this: I'm humbled and honored to open the album... and I never expected such a thing. This is certainly an incredible effort by Russ and J.R. and all the members who submitted songs.

Having heard the submissions, I know they did a lot of work to make this all come together and they did an awesome job!

I only wish I were getting royalties for this.

It is the beginning.

Current Guitars:

Taylor 716C Modified
Voyage-Air VAOM-04

CDBaby
Amazon

Old 07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
*mahoganut*

Default listening (again) as I write...

What a great result of what must have been a mighty effort.

The production and flow and just all around quality of both the performances and sound engineering are top notch!

Thanks to all for this CD - and if you haven't gotten one yet don't wait!

Phil
Old 07-14-2008, 07:37 PM

I have listened to the whole album start to finish, five times now, and must say, that is one fine album. With each listen, I hear different and new things. I especially love that it's a mix of styles and moods. Well done to everyone !!!

MostlyElectric

Acoustic

Martin D18 (1970), Yamaha LS6
Old 07-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

To Joe Barbieri... first, my engineer keeps asking when I'll get another Aura, but my pickups don't match anymore ... but recently, for me and several friends, your song means so much based on very recent events. Congratulations, and more importantly, thank you.

It is the beginning.

Current Guitars:

Taylor 716C Modified
Voyage-Air VAOM-04

CDBaby
Amazon

Old 07-15-2008, 02:17 AM

Like the other international forum members, I would really love to buy a copy of this CD, but the $25 shipping fee is prohibitive.

I have bought many CDs from the US before, and shipping is usually only about 5 or 6 bucks to the UK.

Can something be done? Please?
Old 07-15-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Thurman View Post
To Joe Barbieri... first, my engineer keeps asking when I'll get another Aura, but my pickups don't match anymore ... but recently, for me and several friends, your song means so much based on very recent events. Congratulations, and more importantly, thank you.
Thank you Wade, PM in your inbox!

JB
Old 07-15-2008, 09:19 AM

Thumbs up Cool Project.

Got to say this project was an honor to be apart of. It's cool to be apart of a community that supports and appreciates music from every angle. What a privilege to get to have a song on this CD. I feel very proud.

I heard most of the tracks and I love it. To everyone that was a part. Super thumbs up. ..You guys rock!!

2004 Martin D41
2006 Guild D40

"The Future of Whistling"......Daniel Duncan
Old 07-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan121 View Post
Got to say this project was an honor to be apart of. It's cool to be apart of a community that supports and appreciates music from every angle. What a privilege to get to have a song on this CD. I feel very proud.

I heard most of the tracks and I love it. To everyone that was a part. Super thumbs up. ..You guys rock!!
Daniel, I really enjoyed your tune. It was funny - I thought it was going to be about the armed services.

I've listened through now several times, and I have to tell you, this CD is very good, IMO. Not only that, I know how much work Russ and J.R. did putting it together... from EQ to levels to creating a song order that flows... they deserve a huge amount of credit for how good this collection sounds.

With or without my own inclusion, this is truly a worthy sampling of the talent on the AGF and shouldn't be missed, and I echo Daniel's sentiments about having been included. Plus, as J.R. has said, there are enough submissions to have a good start on future volumes... but part of whether that happens is whether people buy this one, as it's not a cheap process, even with volunteers.

It is the beginning.

Current Guitars:

Taylor 716C Modified
Voyage-Air VAOM-04

CDBaby
Amazon

Old 07-15-2008, 11:10 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Thurman View Post
I've listened through now several times, and I have to tell you, this CD is very good, IMO. Not only that, I know how much work Russ and J.R. did putting it together... from EQ to levels to creating a song order that flows... they deserve a huge amount of credit for how good this collection sounds.
Thanks, Wade! I really appreciate your comments, especially as I have about 80 hours into mastering the CD. This was actually quite a fun experience! I went through an entire spindle of CDR's creating pre-masters, and listening to them on everything I could find - car stereo, dad's 40 year old speakers, a boom box, a fishman acoustic amp, and a home theater system to name a few.... making notes, tweaking, turning, burning new discs... Eventually, after a lot of hard work, I wound up with a very listenable CD. Working with audio from 21 different sources was quite a challenge, however it's clear that overall recording quality of the submissions provided has increased noticeably since our last project (2003).

JR
Old 07-15-2008, 11:19 AM

I just received my CDs. Wow! We have some very talented people among us. I knew that already, of course, but this confirms it. It's going to be in my car and office and bathroom and such for a long time to come!

A lot of people deserve my heartfelt thanks for putting this thing together, from J.R., Russ and Rebecca, to Bernie Lichtenberger, Herb Hunter, Jim Tozier, Joe Fillmer, Eric Skye, Allen Shadd, Wade Thurman, Joel McKenzie and Tom Pullen, and to each of the artists who submitted songs.

This one's a winner! Thanks, friends.

cotten
Old 07-16-2008, 06:12 PM

the only thing missing are the AGF user names for all the rocking artists on this cd. i especially like the ckips i have heard of the acoustic intrumentals, but i have no idea who they are. i dont really know anyone's real name here. are the agf names someplace else?

thanks!

ps: my wife and i would like to be part of the christian cd, though we lack recording equipment. but hey the drive is there...........

'71 Guild D25
'83 Guild D35
'98 Guild F30r
Old 07-16-2008, 08:31 PM

I got mine today!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Every song on there was GREAT. No kidding. Honestly...ask my kids. I kept saying, "Wow, I really like that songs," after every song.

Thanks to all who made the album possible.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion