The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-03-2012, 01:12 PM

Default Martin Sonitone vs F1

In my continued weekend research, it was brought to my attention that the Martin DRS-2 and the DPCPA5-K are both the same price, yet the DRS-2 is all solid wood and comes with a case.

However, since this would be used for both plugged in and unplugged gigs, the DRS-2 comes with the Sonitone and the 5-K with the F1.

I've heard reviews comparing the Sonitone to the subpar Taylor ES-T systems that come with the Taylor 100 and 200 series.

Wouldn't the Sonitone be subpar to the F1?

Thanks,

Jack
Old 06-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackajesusfreak View Post
However, since this would be used for both plugged in and unplugged gigs, the DRS-2 comes with the Sonitone and the 5-K with the F1.
My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the plugged in sound won't be all that different. If I was buying a guitar to use unplugged also, I'd go with the solid wood model. I haven't played a DRS2 but the DRS1 sounds pretty good (to me) acoustically.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification