The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-08-2014, 11:59 AM

Default Travel Guitar Case

I am visiting in Vegas next month and taking along my two Aria Sinsonido travel guitars instead of my classical.
These guitars only come with a soft case but I found a very nice hard shell case made by Plano for small rifles. It has tear-out cubed foam and was easy to custom fit the guitars. Works great.

One problem. I am going to feel very self conscious about carrying it around. I want to put something on the outside suggesting that I am not packing an assault rifle--at the airport or anywhere else.

I can just imagine a policeman commanding me to drop the case and walk backwards towards the sound of his voice.
Any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2014, 12:41 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!
Default Stickers and more stickers!

You must have amps and strings and all manner of other musical gear, why not just put the stickers from your favorite brands all over the case? Seems like in the 1990s every set of strings I bought in the store came with stickers galore. A "fragile" sticker might look good on it as well. Not sure any of that will prevent people looking twice, but isn't the reverse problem what caused them to start carrying their tommy guns in violin cases?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical