The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-13-2017, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevien View Post
..... I've had at least two or more guitars, that I really wanted, swept out from under my feet, because I could not reach the seller with a question. Steve
If you find the incredible deal then pull the trigger. If it is just an above average deal then go ahead send questions, ask for sound clips, additional pictures, how the guitar sounds in dropped tuning etc..... I do that.

For basic models I know how to look up the specs. I never buy without a side view pic of the saddle height and string action along with some wording about excellent shape. If those features are there I will pounce on the transaction. Only do this for those only a few times a year does this deal come up used guitars. I have occasionally even offered more.

There are a small amount of guitars that come up here that sell the same afternoon. Those guitar went to folks that didn't need specs and knew it was the one. They are rare but I suspect that the ones you missed out on were priced attractively and didn't have 6 paragraphs and 20 professional pictures because the seller had better things to do, or didn't know.... market price.

There will be some other extra special, great deal gems coming... so be ready to write the seller "I'll Take It."

Buying used acoustics is a road fraught with potholes and soft shoulders. That has kept my GAS in check. I bought and sold a hundred that taught me different things. A lot of issues out there. Invisible smells, weird feel, repair work, bad tone..... etc....
Old 12-13-2017, 07:14 PM

And after you sell your guitar...............delete the add!!!! Other people are trying to sell things!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic