The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-06-2017, 08:27 PM

Default What Happens After The Wind?

Wow!

O.K. Humility is a tough nut to crack...After the awesome comments on my OP about 'Rhythm or melody', I dug in. Twenty years after I started this journey I understand it is time for me to continue, to move forward on this path. Maybe I should have followed the most traveled path of learning, but that is not how it happened...I took my own road.

It was difficult to go from 'tab' to staff -- that is from phrases in tab to truth of notes. I believe the 5 line staff is one of the most awesome, universal languages ever developed -- ever.

And I have resisted it for my whole life. Here I am now understanding how important it is. It is not absolutely necessary for music. I understand that.

Here is a new look at 'After The Wind' after I have taken this song 'down' to it's roots and written it down and re-learned it over and over, now it might be 'listenable', groovy, or better...

I have this available as tab/staff as a Musecore file or PDF for any one who wants to give it a go. Just PM me or email me and I will send it to you (either way). I would love to hear other people comment on the black notes on white paper. It's a new world for me.

Peace, love and Nomad
D

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write