The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-10-2017, 10:33 AM

Default Question for Zoom A3 users

Player from Italy coming back to guitar after several years and first time poster on this wonderful forum.

Getting a little bit more serious about playing, I got a zoom A3. I run my dcpa with fishman f1 analog through it and to a fishman loudbox mini (with satisfying results). Since I use the A3 mostly for modelling, eq, and acoustic specific effect like the exciter, I would like to add a couple of single pedals: reverb (don't like so much the mini one) and possibly delay and compressor. So my questions are:
- are there any problems in running the pedals after the a3 with modelling etc?
- any advice on pedals? I was thinking about the THOF for reverb; no idea on delay (boss? digitech polara? flashback?)
- Would the zoom ms 70cdr be a good idea?
- I already have a mooer yellow compressor that I use with my electric I am very satisfied of ; would it be fine also for the acoustic? Where to put it in the signal chain?

FYI I don't play live, just home practice and occasional jamming with friends.

Many thanks in advance for your support
Old 01-10-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp68 View Post
Player from Italy coming back to guitar after several years and first time poster on this wonderful forum.

Getting a little bit more serious about playing, I got a zoom A3. I run my dcpa with fishman f1 analog through it and to a fishman loudbox mini (with satisfying results). Since I use the A3 mostly for modelling, eq, and acoustic specific effect like the exciter, I would like to add a couple of single pedals: reverb (don't like so much the mini one) and possibly delay and compressor. So my questions are:
- are there any problems in running the pedals after the a3 with modelling etc?
- any advice on pedals? I was thinking about the THOF for reverb; no idea on delay (boss? digitech polara? flashback?)
- Would the zoom ms 70cdr be a good idea?
- I already have a mooer yellow compressor that I use with my electric I am very satisfied of ; would it be fine also for the acoustic? Where to put it in the signal chain?

FYI I don't play live, just home practice and occasional jamming with friends.

Many thanks in advance for your support

Currently, after the Zoom A3 I run a HOF reverb, Digitech Chorus, Boss Blues Driver and a JamMan Looper. The pedals are only used when the song I'm playing wants it. This configuration changes from time to time, mostly at the Blues Driver position.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk
Old 01-10-2017, 04:18 PM

After my A3 I run a tuner and a Mini HOF. I only run the runner after the Zoom because it fits better on my Nano+ board. I like the HOF reverb better than those from the A3 and I want to "reverb" the modeled sound from the A3.

So no, I know of no problems of running effects after the Zoom. Wouldn't we want the sound of the Zoom to be "effected"?

Best,
PJ
Old 05-29-2017, 11:08 AM

Default help with next buy

hey guys. thanks for helping me. i have a question for you. i wanna start to use effects on guitar, reverb (some modulate), and i need a EQ cuz my pickup is the lr baggs anthem sl...without eq, some times it gets too low on eq. my question is: Buy a Zoom A3 or buy three pedals ( boss rv6, boss GE7 and a cheap tuner pedal)?

i spent a lot of money on my pickup and my fear is zoom a3 suck my sound, lose quality and signal cuz is a digital stompbox. so...what you guys think ? i know that stompbox is better than multiFX but is cheaper buy the zoom a3 but i dont want that problems...
Old 05-30-2017, 12:38 PM

After my Zoom A3 I run a Boss Tera Echo, Digitech Polara, TC Electronics Flashback Delay as well as a TC Helicon Play Acoustic. Lots of options.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 05-30-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaro738 View Post

i spent a lot of money on my pickup and my fear is zoom a3 suck my sound, lose quality and signal cuz is a digital stompbox. so...what you guys think ? i know that stompbox is better than multiFX but is cheaper buy the zoom a3 but i dont want that problems...
Icaro738,

I don't believe the Zoom will hurt your sound. It will help to restore the true sound of your guitar as it sounds without amplification. Between choosing the correct guitar type and the corresponding model in the first effect position, selecting the correct pickup type on the side of the unit, and finding an appropriate mix of the dry and wet signals, I think you will like what you hear.

Best,
PJ
Old 05-30-2017, 08:01 PM

thanks for help me, guys. you are the best. i will see what my wallet says about all of it hahaha
Old 05-31-2017, 12:05 PM

I used effects after my A3, then I got a new Zoom G3n and those effects replaced my pedals. Now with confusing numbers. I play my A6 thru my A3 into my G3.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:50 AM

HI there,
I'm mostly an electric guitar player, but I want change that. I've Marshall Cumberland jc28 1997 model, and I just bought a Fender acoustasonic 40, and a TC Bodyrez (that hasn't arrived yet). I'm wondering if the A3 could do any good for my sound, or it is redundant since I bought the bodyrez.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification