Old 07-25-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasworker View Post
....yes...

I see what you did right there...
Old 07-25-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny B View Post
Am I the only one here who sometimes need to be told more than once before some things sink in?
Quote:
...yes....
Quote:
....yes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny B View Post
I see what you did right there...
Clever, I think he got it!
Old 07-25-2017, 10:57 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar george View Post
Most people can find all the information they ever want to know by searching the internet. You don’t need a forum for that.

A Forum is not intended to compete with Wikipedia. Part of the fun, with a forum, is the social interaction amongst members and the sharing of knowledge and opinions. There are new people joining all the time who have not seen any of the previous posts and don’t want to read a long thread with numerous posts from years ago just to see what others have said in the past. When someone says, “here we go again”, or “this has been covered numerous times before” or “here are the links to everything you want to know about a particular subject”, that pretty much defeats the purpose of a forum. A forum is not expected to give you detailed information on every subject, but, most importantly it is to share the knowledge and experiences of other members of the Forum. This is often far better than reading one article on a subject written by one person.

It’s nice to see a thread that is the same or similar to ones in the past because you will have missed a lot of the posts in the past, forgot what you read in the past and you can contribute to the current threads. You can also search the Acoustic Guitar Forum, by topic, if you want to hunt for historical information.
Best post I've read today. Thank you for saying it. Love all the great replies, also. Ghostnote...

JR
Old 07-25-2017, 11:31 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmulkey View Post
I think that's his whole point He's saying don't stifle conversation/interaction.
Yep, I had a brain fart...misread/misspoke. My bad. Sorry.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:57 AM

I came here many years ago and well quite frankly it was in the days i didn't take the online world seriously (well maybe the online poker i did ) .In my spare time from poker i used to troll the internet and one day landed at the agf after buying a guitar .I was always a respectful troll and i began to troll the agf but i couldn't ...people here treat me seriously and with equal respect although their expert ease would always sway the debate .I began to value the agf which lasts until today and it was through that value i began to take the online community seriously .I kind of grew up and now i have met quite a few friends from different parts of the world through music and other online activity .Your lucky if i watch 20 min of tv a day these days to catch the news but my laptop stays on day and night ....How the world has changed and for me the agf has played its part in that ,well done
Old 07-26-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar george View Post
Clever, I think he got it!
Thanks! I'm here all week. Tip jar is at the door

"Wish I had more time to hear your reasons, but I have to go get a beer." 00-28

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic