The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-15-2017, 11:18 PM
Charter Member

Default X7 String Life

Well, the X7 was starting to sound a bit dead, then I realized I have had the Elixir's on for only 9 months. I thought they would last longer, I may have to ask for my money back! I didn't have any Elixirs in the stash, so I threw on some Magnan lights I had. It sounds a lot better ( I guess it should) and it will be interesting to see how the Mangans break in. I'll place an order for some others tomorrow. Hoping everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:25 AM
Charter Member

If the guitar is getting a lot of play (like my X7 does), I change out the strings (generally Elixir Nanowebs) every three or four months. Six months or more on the guitars that don't get as much play. I try other strings, but always come back to the Elixirs. I have a set of Martin Lifespans that I plan to try at the next string change.

Nine months? You are hard core.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

The X20 had been getting most of the play time the last couple months, they should have been replaced months ago. I usually do better at replacing strings. I think your time line is more normal with what I usually get out of them.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber