The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-27-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wristwatchb View Post
I have used this Frigidaire dehumidifier in my finished ~1100 sq. ft. basement the last couple of summers. It gets pretty hot and muggy during the summers here in my neck of the woods. It easily keeps the RH between 45 and 50%, even with the door open between the basement and our upstairs living area. It sits in a corner, and the fan runs on low. I can hear the fan, but I usually forget that it is running. It shuts off automatically when the RH reaches 45% and comes back on at 50%. I drain about 3/4 gallon of water out of it each morning and evening. I have been well-pleased with it so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UWP07LK/

Thanks good to know you're happy with it!
Old 07-27-2017, 10:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wristwatchb View Post
I have used this Frigidaire dehumidifier...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UWP07LK/
I use the same model in my shop and, like you, have been completely happy with it. The Frigidaire 70 pint replaced an Idyllis model that died after 5 years. My shopping criteria were effectiveness, operating temperature, and noise. It pulls the moisture out of Carolina summer air, doesn't heat up the room, and runs quiet.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:36 PM

Just thought I'd give an update. This Frigidaire 30 pint dehumidifier works very well for a small office/studio. It's big enough to actually bring the humidity down to your desired level but not too big that it dramatically heats the room. It's also pretty quiet compared to the 70 pint mid-size units. This one would be a bit small for an entire basement or full floor but for a room storing guitars it's perfect. I'm happy with it so far!
Old 08-02-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
Just thought I'd give an update. This Frigidaire 30 pint dehumidifier works very well for a small office/studio. It's big enough to actually bring the humidity down to your desired level but not too big that it dramatically heats the room. It's also pretty quiet compared to the 70 pint mid-size units. This one would be a bit small for an entire basement or full floor but for a room storing guitars it's perfect. I'm happy with it so far!
Great news! I'm glad it meets your needs.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion