The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-14-2017, 08:25 AM

Default Composite Acoustics Cargo Delays

I'm a music teacher and got a good deal on the CA Cargo ELE in carbon burst from a big chain that deals with my school district. At the time, it was backordered with an expected shipping date of 2 weeks later. That was in March. Now, every time we approach the new shipping date, it gets bumped back a month. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with the retailer, but it's a big company so I can't get to anyone who actually knows what the hold up is. I've Emailed Composite Acoustics customer service to see if there have been any interruptions to production, but haven't received any reply from them. I'm totally cool being patient because it was quite a deal that's no longer offered, but I would love to have some idea of what's going on (especially since I've already paid).

So, has anyone heard anything about production delays of the Cargo ELE or had similar wait times?

Thanks!
Recording King RD-328
Epiphone 1934 Olympic
Composite Acoustics Cargo
Recording King ROS-11-FE3-TBR
Alvarez AJ-417/12
Silvertone 1958/9 620 Jumbo
Supertone 1941 3/4 Scale (Terz?)
Oscar Schmidt 3/4 Scale
Kepler Biscuit Reso
Old 07-14-2017, 08:41 AM
Anticipation Junkie

I could be wrong, but I doubt anyone here will be aware of production delays or extended wait times with CA. IMO, such lack of communication with you warrants escalating the matter. The CA production manager, Mike Smith, recently became a member here and posted in a CA thread. I doubt he closely follows threads here though, so he likely won't see yours. His AGF name is CAPRODMGR, so you can pm him with that name. Also, he included his email in his profile which is [email protected]. I wouldn't hesitate to contact him. You should get a response that way. Good luck! I've owned a Cargo RT ('Road Tough' finish) since new in '08 and still love it.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:49 AM

There has been some delay in getting the GX models, but not the Cargo. We have them all in stock, and we are not the only ones.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:50 AM

I knew I could count on you guys for at least a little insight! Thanks for the more detailed contact info. Y'all are great!
Recording King RD-328
Epiphone 1934 Olympic
Alvarez AJ-417/12
Oscar Schmidt 3/4 Scale
Kepler Biscuit Reso
Old 07-17-2017, 07:50 AM

The above reply is my understanding as well. We had a terrible delay in production of the GX and Legacy models due to the machine heads suddenly and unexpectedly becoming unavailable. We had to reach out to Hipshot and they actually created a new 19:1 ratio tuner in a closed back configuration just for CA, but it took some time. Now we are in business on those as well. I will reach out to production on the Cargos, but as of right now I know of no delays, other than the normal short delay when a NAMM show is imminent.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkepler View Post
I'm a music teacher and got a good deal on the CA Cargo ELE in carbon burst from a big chain that deals with my school district. At the time, it was backordered with an expected shipping date of 2 weeks later. That was in March. Now, every time we approach the new shipping date, it gets bumped back a month. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with the retailer, but it's a big company so I can't get to anyone who actually knows what the hold up is. I've Emailed Composite Acoustics customer service to see if there have been any interruptions to production, but haven't received any reply from them. I'm totally cool being patient because it was quite a deal that's no longer offered, but I would love to have some idea of what's going on (especially since I've already paid).

So, has anyone heard anything about production delays of the Cargo ELE or had similar wait times?

Thanks!
Can you PM me and let me know which dealer you purchased this through?
Old 07-17-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPRODMGR View Post
Can you PM me and let me know which dealer you purchased this through?

Sent! Thanks!
Recording King RD-328
Epiphone 1934 Olympic
Alvarez AJ-417/12
Oscar Schmidt 3/4 Scale
Kepler Biscuit Reso
Old 07-20-2017, 10:11 PM

I had the same issue when I ordered a GX back last September. First it was going to be about 6 weeks out, then every time a projected ship date arrived, it got bumped back another few weeks. I eventually arrived in late February--with Gotohs, FWIW.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber