The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 AM

@sixstring531: Yeah something like that but w/o the cutaway, some custom fretboard treatment and a custom rosette.

@picassov7: I'll definitely start a thread as soon as things start on mine!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:40 AM

Should have her in the next few weeks!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 AM

She's done and should be on her way to the states sometime today:

Old 05-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

Default My Dehradun Guitar Co. Custom Jumbo progress pics

Looks great! How long does shipping take?

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 05-14-2013, 12:00 PM

He is sending it with a friend on a flight today and the guy lives within a few hours of me. I know he's shipped guitars before and said it took a few days. He will be in the states the beginning of June and told me he would either send it with someone sooner or just bring it himself. He is on here, though facebook and his website would be a better place to get in touch. His name is Dave Murray.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM

[/QUOTE]

Look at the size of those frets! Nice!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:28 AM

Will hit American soil today at 10:30 am central and I will have it on Saturday!

Thanks, Dave!

Last edited by sixstring531; 05-16-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:23 AM

Hello,

Impressive work!
I'm really curious about the thing he uses to fill the back on the picture.
Can you give us some details?

Thanks!

Q.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:15 PM

You'll have to ask him. I would shoot him a FB message, a message here or through his website. He's always responds.

I have no idea (other than what I see here and on other sites) how to properly build a guitar. I just play em.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 AM

Got the guitar!

This is, hands down, the most beautiful guitar I've ever owned. If you like the pics I posted, imagine it looking better. I'm going to let it settle in and play it a while before posting any sort of video, but this thing booms like a jumbo should and sustains like a les paul. (yes, I am an electric player) The neck is gorgeous and feels pretty much spot on perfect in my hands -- not too big, not too little. The finish is crazy-good and honestly it looks and feels like a guitar hanging in the basement of an acoustic showroom, behind some glass door you'd have to make an appointment to unlock.

Dave - you knocked it out of the park, brother! Obviously I am still honeymooning here, but this blew away my expectations. All the progress pics kept raising them and then actually playing thing just pushed it over the edge. Like I said before, it sustains for days, the bottoms are booming and the notes just bloom off the wenge fret board.

I will try and do a good video in a week or so.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picassov7 View Post
This is super cool!!! Please keep the pics coming and please, please post some sound clips when you are done!

Any concerns with humidity level that they are building in?
Hi Brandon, I've just gotten back on here & started looking through stuff (what a great forum I have to say). I saw your question & thought I might respond, even though I'm about a year late.

My builders and I are pretty militant about humidity. Early on, we had a lot of power outages & there were times we couldn't get it under control, so we would just stop building guitars and build shelves or jigs instead. Once we stopped building altogether for three weeks because a transformer blew out in a storm.

We have similar swings in humidity here in the Himalayas as you might experience in the southeastern US. During more humid seasons, we seal up the building really well & use A/C & dehumidifiers. During the dry season, we use three desert coolers. Our target build humidity is 45% +/- 3%.

DM
Old 07-24-2014, 09:44 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

That must be a real bear to keep the humidity in check. Congrats on a great company.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:05 PM

Thought I would go ahead an pipe up with a short update. I've owned the guitar for a year now and it truly does just keep getting better with age. I've shared the stage with an HD35 and J185 at the same time and Dehradun truly does stand out. They all sound great (and have their own sound) but my Jumbo just had something the others didn't. Everyone who hears it, loves it and those who've played it usually start asking about build time, cost...etc.

Just one heck of a guitar!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop