The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 01-30-2017, 09:58 PM

Just placed an order, looking forward to tying it out...
Old 02-11-2017, 04:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Martin View Post
Just placed an order, looking forward to tying it out...
Please PM your name on the order. We're just building picks today for orders placed around 01/30-01/31.

Thanks for your patience with us. It sucks, and I truly hate holding onto anyone's money for two weeks. Good news: We cleared a huge fabrication hurdle this weekend that will begin to relieve our lead times by late Spring. HUGE solution. We're excited!

Thanks Very Much. Please PM or email me so I can bump up your order, and we'll get it on the trail to you here in Los Angeles by Monday.

Thanks!
Scott
Old 03-12-2017, 11:59 PM
AGF Sponsor

Wow, long time since I updated. Been busy busy busy.

As soon as they were released our two red models became our instant best sellers. It's crazy. I had no idea. We were caught completely flatfooted.

A few weeks ago we had to place a hold on these models. We had too many orders in-house and I HATE holding on to someone's money for more than a couple weeks. We have just made the two red models available to order again. It is likely that this will once again go into a holding pattern.

PLEASE NOTE: When our site says "In Stock" this means we have the cut blanks on the shelf. However, if you knew the number of steps it takes to turn the red models into picks it would make your head spin. It's a brutal material to work with and I only persist because I fell in love with the material as a player. We're slowly figuring out how to speed up production, but this will take at least a year to slowly dial it in. But we'll get there.

thanks,
scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 03-13-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:45 PM
AGF Sponsor

We once again accepting orders. Roughly three week lead time.

thanks,
scott
Old 03-24-2017, 03:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Recent Customer Reviews of Our Best-Selling Red Models

The Red models continue to be our best sellers. Here's a couple new customer reviews posted on AGF.

I just have to get it out there that not only does Charmed Life make some great picks, their responsiveness and customer service is really amazing. I doubt I've ever waited more than a day for a response from them on the handful of times I've contacted them with a question or whatever, and it's often been the same day. I was a huge fan of Blue Chip picks when I tried (and still have) one of theirs (a TD-35) but CL seems to really be into pushing the envelope of refining their picks and trying new things as opposed to just deciding on 4-5 thicknesses and calling it good -- and it's pretty obvious that they do all they can to keep their costs down. Plus, when's the last time you saw a pick maker offer a warranty? Of course, picks are very subjective, but if you're into sharpening that edge and trying any of the higher-end and higher-cost picks, give Charmed Life a good look; I bet you'll be glad you did. Great stuff and definitely a pleasure to work with, and they have an obvious genuine passion for what they do... Happy Picking.

+1! I like Charmed Life's thinner options compared to BlueChip. My BlueChip TD-35 (.035 inches thick) is their thinnest yet I find it just barely satisfying to use for my picking style. I have a Charmed Life .75mm (.030 inches thick) that is right on for my style. I'm thinking of ordering a Charmed Life .6mm (.024 inches thick) for my Taylor 356ce 12-String. Keep Up The Good Work, Scott!

Thought I might as well chime in on the "red" as I've been calling it from Charmed Life. I'm one of a jury of players who have been beta testing Scott's materials for picks during the last year. I kind of see my job as doing the crazy or the commonplace to slabs of material or partially finished picks to see whether they pass muster. All the picks I test have a speed bevel to the angle I usually play with on acoustic guitar and electric. The "red" is my latest project.

To me, the "red" sounds a bit like the natural "N" series of picks that I had tested earlier. The difference would be that I took this puppy down to about a .8mm on the picking end, a bit thicker on the back. Call it the Charmed Life Wedge if you will. ;-) The tonal aspect that impresses me the most about the material is its "crispness". Its a higher tone than the natural, because of the thinner nature of the business end of the pick but the tone seems to hold up really well. I'm trying to break it by playing but haven't been able to yet. (Come to think of it I haven't been able to break any of Scott's offerings.)

I've always been a Blue Chip player before this. I have three and have been playing them for the last six years. But I have to say that picks I've been testing for Charmed Life are getting more playing time then my BC's. I just like the tone better.

I will add to this that not only Charmedlife picks are all that but the customer service is exceptional. I have purchased several picks and had some questions and request. Scott has always got right back to me with a reply and or solution. Something we don't see to often any more. A great product with a warranty and great customer service.

Finally, in case you haven't seen it, this is a rave review from Maury of Maury's Music, a big Sponsor right here on AGF. These picks were NOT freebees; Maury paid the same price you pay. But he was so blown away by the performance that he not only posted a total rave review on his website but also recorded five different YT vids of him playing our pick on his legendary OM-28. I knew nothing about this till he posted it on AGF. Here is a direct link to the review on his site:

https://www.maurysmusic.com/maury_s_...med_life_picks

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 03-24-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

The demand on our Red Series models is such that we're still running a three week lead time. That being said, if you've seen the reviews, you know they're worth the wait. We're peddlin' as fast as we can.

Not only do they outperform everything else out there, they are made of one of the most gorgeous materials I've ever seen -- and, believe me, I've looked at hundreds. Finally, a pick in the industry that looks as good as it sounds.

All covered by our industry-best 31-day refund/return policy. Buy it, play it against everything you can get your hands on, and send it back if it doesn't blow 'em away.

thanks for reading....back to the bench.....

scott memmer
Old 04-08-2017, 04:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

We're CLOSE to being all caught up on the red models, but they are quite a chore.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
We're CLOSE to being all caught up on the red models, but they are quite a chore.
The Reds will run out sometime this summer. We already have a new color in the barn that we think is just as beautiful as the red and which us more than two years to find. This line will not be released until the stocks of red are exhausted.

thanks,
scott memmer
Old 04-13-2017, 03:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

We continue to have good inventories on both red models and ALL brown series picks.

Always with free freight.....

sm
Old 05-04-2017, 02:41 PM

I am looking to try out your picks and have a couple questions, do I just email your website gmail addy? Thank you

Lots of very nice new and vintage electric guitars and amps.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:49 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
I am looking to try out your picks and have a couple questions, do I just email your website gmail addy? Thank you
Gadget, hi. I know we've participated in some of the same threads and I've enjoyed your contributions.

Best way is through my direct company email at charmedlifepicks@ gmail, although I often talk to folks on the phone, to save both parties times, if you prefer. I can send you my cell privately if you like.

PMs here are okay, but I sometimes go days away from the Forum due to our frantic pace. BTW, I have to change the subject line on this post -- we're out of red teardrops for a couple more weeks, but do have the tris in stock.

Let me know what works best for you via email.

Look Forward to It,
Scott

P.S. I'm pretty knowledgable about the entire pick industry and, frankly, I like and play a lot of other products made by other vendors, so I can give you a pretty good overview of the best stuff out there. I've never minded saying positive things about other peoples' products. There's enough business for everyone.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:01 PM
AGF Sponsor

Red models back in stock. Once again accepting orders.

sm
Old 05-25-2017, 10:37 AM
AGF Sponsor

We are running out of this material. Prices will be rising 10% on June 1st (frankly, we could raise it more), so order now to lock in a lower price.

thanks,
scott memmer
Old 05-30-2017, 12:12 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for your support, AGF!

sm
Old 06-02-2017, 10:27 AM
AGF Sponsor

Finally have the blanks back in stock for both models. Thanks,

scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace