The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-10-2017, 04:49 PM

Default Auria Pro, IPad, Zoom and making it work

Howdy,
I have Auria pro loaded on an iPad 9.7 pro and I have a Zoom H2n.

Once I record a track in Wav format on the zoom I need to get the file into Auria pro but without using a computer. It is vital that I can do this from a recording made on the SD card of the mic and not using the Mic attached to the iPad as an interface (because the mic is being used as a field mic and the iPad will be the only tool used all the way until publishing but not carried in the field).

So far I am considering a wifi SD card in the zoom. Does any one know if this will work?

I'm also looking at a wifi card reader with power bank. Will this work?

My other question is, how can I send a wav file via wifi and import into Auria pro?

Obviously without a computer I cannot rely on Dropbox or the like. So I'm not sure if there's an app for things like this?

Apparently camera kits won't work for wav file transfer (but that Info is a few years old and I don't know if things have changed. (I do have a powered camera kit that I have successfully connected the mic to as an interface but could not see how to import data from the mic via the kit)

Any tips, suggestions or insight is most appreciated.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:52 AM

Hi

I use Auria on an iPad pro 9.7 too and since I got that (plus an Apogee Quartet interface and some nice mic's about 6 weeks ago I've been totally absorbed in it and have not read this forum! One day when I emerge with some results I will post here.

I don't have a Zoom but I would have thought you could connect with the USB from Zoom to iPad and Auria would (if a track is put into record) see the Zoom output? Failing that, what about connecting the Zoom line out to the iPad via connecting kit?

As a photographer in the past my experience with wifi SD cards was never good - they are flakey. But you can certainly access files on Dropbox from Auria - menu option 'import tracks'.

I think it would be easier to have the iPad in the field and connect the zoom as a microphone.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
Howdy,
I have Auria pro loaded on an iPad 9.7 pro and I have a Zoom H2n.

Once I record a track in Wav format on the zoom I need to get the file into Auria pro but without using a computer. It is vital that I can do this from a recording made on the SD card of the mic and not using the Mic attached to the iPad as an interface (because the mic is being used as a field mic and the iPad will be the only tool used all the way until publishing but not carried in the field).

So far I am considering a wifi SD card in the zoom. Does any one know if this will work?

I'm also looking at a wifi card reader with power bank. Will this work?

My other question is, how can I send a wav file via wifi and import into Auria pro?

Obviously without a computer I cannot rely on Dropbox or the like. So I'm not sure if there's an app for things like this?

Apparently camera kits won't work for wav file transfer (but that Info is a few years old and I don't know if things have changed. (I do have a powered camera kit that I have successfully connected the mic to as an interface but could not see how to import data from the mic via the kit)

Any tips, suggestions or insight is most appreciated.
I may be confused about what you are actually wanting to do.
But if you are simply wanting to to get the WAV file from the Zoom to the iPad, Could you not just use the USB out on the Zoom and go into the Ipad? which I would think would simply require a generic USB Female to Female adaptor, to connect the Zoom digital to USB cable to the iPad lighting to USB cable.... would that work ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 04-17-2017, 08:11 AM

WAV files are indeed universal, but all the device-to-device transfer abilities are strictly controlled by software and communication driver programs within the devices. If they aren't designed to communicate then you'd be dead in the water.

My experience with name brand SD cards is quite the opposite of "flaky". I've done many, many of track hours of audio without a single problem.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:50 AM

Rudy

No problem with SD, it was specifically the wifi cards I described thus. They lose network and can have a mind of their own.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I may be confused about what you are actually wanting to do.

But if you are simply wanting to to get the WAV file from the Zoom to the iPad, Could you not just use the USB out on the Zoom and go into the Ipad? which I would think would simply require a generic USB Female to Female adaptor, to connect the Zoom digital to USB cable to the iPad lighting to USB cable.... would that work ?

Hi Kev,
I have an genuine apple powered camera kit to connect USB devices. This does allow the zoom to work as an interface mic. However I cannot transfer items files.

After researching, it appears that also WAV files are even trickier for IOS to deal with.

Since the devices can connect and communicate likely the right app can do this. But I do not know which app would work.

Alternatively I'm guessing a portable wifi card reader that has an iOS app could do this. However these seem to list some files they can transfer but none I have found list WAV files. It could be they all do but are not saying. Talking to sales people has resulted in no new information.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:01 AM

If you can upload files from your Zoom to Dropbox, Auria have no problem importing from there.

My tracks on SoundCloud (Lønhart Duo):

YouTube page:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZT...HIR4tGnwhusf8w

Taylor 324
Martin DX1AE
Gretch G5420T Electromatic
Aria Pro II Cardinal Series 250

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD