The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-23-2017, 10:02 PM

A friend sent me a two-word message this morning: gobble, gobble. So that is what I did!

cotten
Old 11-23-2017, 10:52 PM
Charter Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
Where I live, it is a crisp morning (35 degrees), with sun low in the sky, shining through what remains of the leaves on the trees: golds and browns, and a bit of pale green shimmering in the breeze. It is easy t be grateful for this beauty.

Last night, as I fretted about some details of a business deal that is not going my way instead of falling into a restful sleep, I had to work to remind myself of my great good fortune, stretching across decades: good health, many great friends and acquaintances, sufficient financial resources, opportunities to see much beauty, enjoyment of many pleasures (music, good food, uplifting experiences of many types and forms, simple joy without cause). I was happy and relieved that I did not linger too long in self-absorbed pity, and could close out the day with a state of mind that let go of frustration, and that opened to an attitude of gratitude.

Whether gratitude is immediately available to you today, or whether you need to work and/or search for reminders of the blessings of your life, I do hope that all the members of our community experience the contentment and thankfulness that this day symbolizes.

May we all be happy and healthy, safe and at peace.

Back atcha'...
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 11-23-2017, 11:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Where I live, it is a crisp morning (35 degrees), with sun low in the sky, shining through what remains of the leaves on the trees: golds and browns, and a bit of pale green shimmering in the breeze. It is easy t be grateful for this beauty.

Last night, as I fretted about some details of a business deal that is not going my way instead of falling into a restful sleep, I had to work to remind myself of my great good fortune, stretching across decades: good health, many great friends and acquaintances, sufficient financial resources, opportunities to see much beauty, enjoyment of many pleasures (music, good food, uplifting experiences of many types and forms, simple joy without cause). I was happy and relieved that I did not linger too long in self-absorbed pity, and could close out the day with a state of mind that let go of frustration, and that opened to an attitude of gratitude.

Whether gratitude is immediately available to you today, or whether you need to work and/or search for reminders of the blessings of your life, I do hope that all the members of our community experience the contentment and thankfulness that this day symbolizes.

Thanks Rich. Best to all.

Peace
Jimmy

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 11-24-2017, 09:37 AM

I have so much to be thankful for. Blessed. Hope all and sundry have a happy Thanksgiving!

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 11-24-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Except for the fact that all the trees around here have been bare for a few weeks, everything you've said speaks for me a well. A belated Happy Thanksgiving.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic