The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-30-2017, 01:35 PM

Wink Concierto de Aranjuez - Adagio (Main Theme for Solo Guitar)

The "Concierto de Aranjuez" for guitar and orchestra, was written by Spanish composer Joaquín Rodrigo in 1939 and is one of the original worksmost important for classical guitar. This is a my own arrangement for solo guitar of the main theme of the second movement (Adagio), surely the best known of the three movements that make up the whole concert.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Bravissimo!!!

Beautiful playing and arrangement. I've always been partial to the upbeat feeling of Allegro con spirito movement of the Rodrigo, but it's hard to deny the haunting beauty of the Adagio and I suspect that it lends itself to a better sounding arrangement for solo guitar than the Allegro does. I've wanted to work up solo arrangements of the concerto for many years. I should do that before my years have run out.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

Wonderful arrangement, Giuseppe! I used to play this in a guitar duo and have always wanted a nice solo arrangement, and now you have crafted a nice solo arrangement! Thank you! Can you provide a direct link to your website to purchase your arrangement?

I tried your website just now and the English version came up:

"Not Found

The requested URL /index en.html was not found on this server."

Congratulations on your many fine arrangements! I frequently play your arrangement of the theme to "Once Upon a Time in the West".

Last edited by ceciltguitar; 11-01-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 11-06-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
Bravissimo!!!

Beautiful playing and arrangement. I've always been partial to the upbeat feeling of Allegro con spirito movement of the Rodrigo, but it's hard to deny the haunting beauty of the Adagio and I suspect that it lends itself to a better sounding arrangement for solo guitar than the Allegro does. I've wanted to work up solo arrangements of the concerto for many years. I should do that before my years have run out.
Thank you so much Red, ciao from Sicily!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
Wonderful arrangement, Giuseppe! I used to play this in a guitar duo and have always wanted a nice solo arrangement, and now you have crafted a nice solo arrangement! Thank you! Can you provide a direct link to your website to purchase your arrangement?

I tried your website just now and the English version came up:

"Not Found

The requested URL /index en.html was not found on this server."

Congratulations on your many fine arrangements! I frequently play your arrangement of the theme to "Once Upon a Time in the West".
Thanks a lot for your nice words! And thanks also for your warning, I already fixed the broken link...about my arrangements please send me an email at: [email protected] Ciao from Sicily!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
arrangement, concierto aranjuez, guitar