The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 06-05-2017, 04:22 PM
AGF Sponsor

The red teardrop remains our #1 seller -- and we've got the reviews to back it up.

Own the first flatpick that's as beautiful to play as it is to look at. We love it, and so many others do too.

sm
Old 06-09-2017, 01:45 PM
AGF Sponsor

We've got blanks back in stock on both the 1.0 mm teardrop and the 1.15 mm large tri. About a two-week lead time on these still, as they are very much in demand and almost 100% handmade. They take a lot of time per pick. I've been known to spend up to an an hour for each one, just in the final polishing and buffing phase.

Finally had the chance to get some better photos of the large red tri. These are not injection-molded or direct formed, but machined for a solid piece of plastic. As you can see, each one has its own individual grain pattern. Really gorgeous to play and behold. A true collector's item. At the current rate of sale, we probably have enough material to last until the first quarter of next year, then they're gone forever.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 06-09-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:18 PM
AGF Sponsor

Blanks for both red models are on the shelf. These continue to sell very well and perform magnificently.

sm
Old 06-20-2017, 02:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

The reviews continue to be glowing on our two red models.

thanks for looking,
scott memmer
Old 06-23-2017, 07:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

I just crunched some numbers for the last few months of sales, and the following data may be the most interesting of all.

40% of our sales -- almost half -- some from existing customers who have already ordered at least one pick from us in the past. I'm proud to say that this speaks volumes as to the performance of our products, and equally to our industry-best customer service. I can tell you, no one works harder at it.

Case in point: This past week a customer contacted me regarding a broken pick that he bought back in November 2016. It was our thin nf-75 ss (tortoise teardrop at .75 mm thickness.) Here is how the exchange went:

CUSTOMER: Hello Scott, I picked up one of your .75ss in tortoise not too long ago and have really enjoyed it until this evening. Playing on a 000-18 with light strings and wanting a little warmer tone I switched to the rounded edge and the pick just got a split and ended up breaking the pick. Great tone and I get that it is thin but for the money cannot purchase again. I will stick with ---- ---- from this point, better value for the money. Thank you.

CLP: Mr. M, thanks for your feedback. Actually, believe it or not, I was just telling someone the other day that we hadn't had a single one of those fail, which surprised me. How about this. We strive to deliver the best customer service in the industry. Can I send you a brown clf-75 to replace it? This is the identical material that ---- ---- uses, but we go thinner. Anyway, I'd like to replace it with something and the brown teardrop at .75 mm will knock your socks off. If this works for you, please email me your mailing address and I'll have this on the road to you by Saturday. We bend over backwards to make our customers happy. Thanks for your honesty and for taking the time to contact us.

CUSTOMER: Wow Scott I have to say that your customer service is outstanding. I would certainly like to try the other material. The thing I really liked about your pick was the thinness. Thank you for quick response and great service. My address is: .......

CLP: Mr. M, your replacement pick was mailed here today in Los Angeles, so you should see it right away. Thanks for writing; if you hadn't written, I never would have known. Within reason, we try to be very responsive to our customers. We're a small enough shop right now that we can do that.

Clearly we can't do this every day or we'd go out of business. But we work very hard at being the best of the best, and this is just one example.

Thanks, AGF,
scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 06-23-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:50 AM
AGF Sponsor

These continue to get rave reviews. Hard to make, but worth the effort.

sm
Old 07-18-2017, 09:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

Good stock on both red models at the moment.

sm
Old 07-28-2017, 12:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

Sorry, gotta fix the photos from the Photobucket debacle.

thanks for looking,
scott
Old 08-30-2017, 10:07 AM
AGF Sponsor

Still dealing with this Photobucket thing. Here's a direct link to our store, with photos of our best-selling red models:

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store
Old 09-07-2017, 12:37 PM
AGF Sponsor

The red teardrop continues to be our #1 seller in the company. This is an amazing material that looks as beautiful as it sounds. Due to heavy demand, we're running about two weeks lead-time on this model at the moment. These are almost entirely handmade and finished, and this material is a bear to work with.

BTW, I have a few red teardrops on the shelf (but not on the site) sanded to about .75 - .80 mm. They are phenomenal. I have been playing one for months, and they are durable and sound incredible. Let me know if interested.

Scott Memmer
Old 10-04-2017, 05:59 AM

Default Red Models Back in Stock: Our #1 Sellers

I just bought a red tri pick to check it out and to compare/contrast to my tortoise tri with holes. (Both Charmed Life picks)

I was hoping that even though they're made of the same material (albeit from different manufacturers) that there would be a distinguishable difference so I had more tonality choices.

It's definitely different sounding than the tortoise tri, so I'm happy. The way I would describe the difference is that the tortoise is more "full range" - very wide spectrum from lows to highs. I perceive the red as focused on the mids, so it sounds warmer to me strumming and louder and more dynamic when picking.

I love having the choice, which is why I'm happy! Also, there's just something about the reduced "string noise" of these picks, although I've discovered I don't always want that. Seems variety is my theme and choice.

Oh, and I had no idea what to expect, this review is with no preconceived ideas, I purposefully did not read what the difference might have been. And last, red, she's pretty!

2018 Taylor 812ce 12-fret DLX
2016 Taylor GS Mini-e Koa

Last edited by Guitarsan; 10-04-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks so much for your review. We carry a lot of wonderful materials, but for most situations I, as a player, always reach for the red. Really great tone and control.

Thanks Again!
Scott
Old 10-16-2017, 04:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

The red 1.0 mm teardrop continues to be the number #1 seller in our entire company. Such a wonderful material.....

thanks,
scott
Old 10-18-2017, 11:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Good inventories on all red models through the holidays.

sm
Old 11-03-2017, 08:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

The red teardrop continues to be the #1 seller in our company, with the red tri close behind. Wonderful material, great tone and feel, quiet across the strings, and gorgeous to look at too.

Here's a direct link to our store. We offer the best materials at the best prices, with a 35-day return policy to back them up:

https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace