The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-05-2008, 10:16 AM

Default inexpensive tap tempo delays

I'm trying to build a list of inexpensive (sub $100... new or used) digital delays with tap tempo. So far the only thing i can come up with is the digitech digidelay. Tap tempo really isn't all that hard to make, so i'm thinking there's gotta be some other pedals out there, maybe some old used 90's stuff that's overlooked?
Japanese Ephiphone Thunderbird > yorkville xm50
Old 06-08-2008, 09:48 AM

You might be able to find a used Line6 Echo Park for under $100. It's just over brand new, but looks like musiciansfriend has a rebate where you can get another module for free (a pretty good deal IMO):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=150388

You can swap modules in and out of the base pedal to get different effects. I'd personally look into the Verbzilla or Roto-Machine modules. I hear the Roto-machine is very good and i've owned both the EP and Verbzilla and was very happy with both.

I find that the Echo Park sounds really good and has many different options for sounds / delay subdivision. AI've never been one to like delay pedals with a built-in tap tempo like the Digitech (i think?) and Boss DD6...i always liked external or separate footswitches for that function. However, the EP's is very intuitive (a hard stomp turns on/off, a "half" stomp taps in the tempo).

Another pedal that might work is the Marshall Echohead. Never tried it but heard about it over at the TGP. It has an external tap tempo jack and is just above $100.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...lay?sku=150335

Taylor 614ce (walnut/englemann) "Kayla"
Gretsch Pro Jet (with Bigsby!)

Last edited by dahn8; 06-08-2008 at 09:57 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification