The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-28-2008, 02:14 PM

Cool Anyone used B-Band P/Up w/ Baggs PaDI

Hi. Has anyone used any of the B-band acoustic pick-ups (AST, UST or Combo) w/ the LR Baggs Para DI Preamp? Do they work well together or No? I've seen in this forum where there can be Impedance mismatches between pickups and preamps. Wondering how compatible these are. If there is already a thread mentioning this combo let me know......Thanks Guys

Ryan
Old 05-28-2008, 03:45 PM

I have. My newest guitar has a B-Band A8 system (undersaddle and SBT combo with preamp) and I get a fantastic sound with no problems!
Old 05-28-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewallylama View Post
I have. My newest guitar has a B-Band A8 system (undersaddle and SBT combo with preamp) and I get a fantastic sound with no problems!
Cool.......Good to hear. I own the Baggs but havent tried it w/ too many pickups so far.. Thanks. I'll bet that A8 setup is Killer. Like to hear that. What kind of guitar is it BTW?

Last edited by 66strummer; 05-28-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: forgot words
Old 05-30-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66strummer View Post
Cool.......Good to hear. I own the Baggs but havent tried it w/ too many pickups so far.. Thanks. I'll bet that A8 setup is Killer. Like to hear that. What kind of guitar is it BTW?
It's a custom made guitar, by Don Musser. A deep body OM with walnut back and sides and Engleman spruce top. It's a beauty! I like the A8 enough to consider replacing the units I have in a couple of other guitars.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66strummer View Post
Hi. Has anyone used any of the B-band acoustic pick-ups (AST, UST or Combo) w/ the LR Baggs Para DI Preamp? Do they work well together or No? I've seen in this forum where there can be Impedance mismatches between pickups and preamps. Wondering how compatible these are. If there is already a thread mentioning this combo let me know......Thanks Guys
Hi 66s...
I know there are those who are handicapped by thoughts that every piece of equipment in their rig must be perfectly matched in every regard to be ''proper''. If that's you, then you should not consider hooking up mixed brands - - - just bite the bullet and buy the ''matched set'' from one company and use it without comparing it to anything else.

Mismatched is overrated...
I own/operate several PAs of various sizes in different sized venues, and I've seen about every pickup known to man...Bband, PUTW, K&K, Fishman, Baggs, Martin Thinline etc. etc... I've seen a vast array of instrument rigs - active and passive. I keep my gig bag in the booth, with my ParaDI in it.

In addition, our default stage preamps for acoustic guitars, mandolins, violins etc. with pickups are Baggs ParaDI (three of them) and for dual source rigs, it's the Raven PMBs. We also use a boatload of Behringer active direct boxes for connecting keyboards, guitar amps and bass guitars to the snake.

The instrument and preamps may not have always been perfectly matched, but they sounded far better for the gigs than when they showed up on stage for sound checks.

By the way, when an artist shows up with a rack or small-and-really-functional-rig we are really happy. They are pretty easy to setup and please...and their preparation indicates they are more knowledgeable than the average Joe.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification