The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-07-2017, 10:45 AM

Default Rainsong String Changing

I recently purchased a Rainsong CO-OM1000N2 and in reading through the care and feeding instructions it says to change the strings out one at a time to avoid repositioning the under saddle piezo transducer. Do you follow this suggestion? I have always replaced all of the strings at the same time.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

I change them all at the same time, which doesn't mean that is the correct way. And I rarely, if ever, plug in.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:15 AM

I have done it both ways with no issues.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Doesn't do much good to change one string at a time if you want to clean the fingerboard or buff the frets.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:04 PM

Funny this should just come up... I installed the MiSi Trio in my H-DR1100N2. It is my habit to take off all the strings to clean the guitar and have been doing this for years with various guitars. The last set of strings on the RainSong left the low E louder than the rest. I did not do anything about it and gigged last Saturday where is was a slight hassle. After tearing down I sat at the bar for an hour or so while my guitar basked in the 25F weather out in the car. The next morning after the guitar warmed up the loud E string problem was gone. I took the strings off, double checked the saddle slot, saddle bottom, did a thorough vacuuming (I did not see anything before or after) and restrung the guitar bringing the strings to pitch in a symmetrical fashion (G, D, B, A, e, E). And still all good!

So I guess in the future I will restring one at a time.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 02-07-2017, 05:48 PM

I don't, but I don't have a UST. Mine is pure acoustic.

If you leave the saddle in place, my guess would be that 90+% of the time you'd be fine. If the pickup sounds funny after a string change, though, you'd probably need to pull the strings and re-seat the saddle. Maybe more than once.

So I guess the question for you is...... feel lucky?
Old 02-07-2017, 07:26 PM

I don;t have a rainsong I have a CA and I change them all. I either take a tiny bit of tape and put across the bridge to hold it or am just careful I have taken it out and even had to reseat the piezo and not had any issues. I have three friends who all have rainsongs and change all at once and have not had any issues.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber