The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-02-2024, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

Default HiFi Duet pricing

I noticed Sweetwater now has the duet available for preorder. List price is $449. Man that seems steep. I was planning to wait for this rather than go ahead and buy the hifi, but not sure I want to spend that much. I play in church with a full band with a competent sound guy so not sure it’s worth the upgrade. Anyone have experience with the hifi to convince me to wait and pony up for the duet?
Old 03-02-2024, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbrooks View Post
Anyone have experience with the hifi to convince me to wait and pony up for the duet?
Meaning, "do I dislike the HiFi enough to be willing to pay another 150% to improve it?" No.

That said, I like the sound of the HiFi supplemented by an external mic better than the HiFi by itself. But I've never heard an internal mic that sounded even okay to me. Sticking a mic inside a guitar, to me, sounds about the same as sticking a mic in a wastebasket.

Couch Standards
Old 03-02-2024, 02:28 PM

The price is higher than I was expecting, but I don't think it's crazy for what you are getting. I do need to hear more from it though. We don't really have enough to go on just yet.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification