The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-25-2018, 10:25 AM

I'll admit that I liked those early Bang records cuts of Diamond and I guess I didn't hear anything later that attracted me (I might have missed the good ones). And yes, sad to hear of the illness.

Speaking of "Cherry Cherry." One thing that those early Neil Diamond sides often had was great acoustic rock rhythm guitar. I assume there was a lot of compression applied in the studio to get that sound, but it was a glorious acoustic guitar sound that I don't hear attempted as much anymore.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 01-25-2018, 02:21 PM

Default Brooklyn's favorite son calls it a career...

I can’t tell you how many people love his music; I loved 12 Greatest Hits growing up. And how many women of a certain age thought he was hot (my aunt being one). He’s a great songwriter and hope he deals with his disease.

But, anyone remember that Epiphone Neil Diamond model? Oooh, that was bad. https://reverb.com/item/4180889-2001...r-case-and-key
Old 01-26-2018, 03:27 PM

Pulling out my shiny shirt and Ovation Custom Balladeer, and doing my own tribute at an open mic this weekend...
Old 01-26-2018, 04:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I hate to see him deal with Parkinson's.

Bob
Yes, a hateful disease, but , of course, that's why he's retired , so his fan base need not see the progress of his condition.

Scots comedian, (once a folk singer) Billy Connolly had taken another path and made a series of travel documentaries (mainly in the US) when his condition was obvious.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic