The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-19-2011, 02:08 PM

Default Batson Road Trip Guitar 2011

Hey everyone. 1st time posting here. I have always perused the site, but this is the first time I have felt like I had something to share. Below is a post I put on the "Batson Forum". I had just had the Baston Road Trip Guitar for 3 days and loved every minute of it! Please visit the Baston Guitar Website for pics and vids of this awesome guitar. http://www.batsonguitars.com/

I had to get over my mourning period from having to send this beast of a guitar on to the next lucky person.

Upon opening the case you know you have something special. The smell, the gleam from the highly polished exotic woods gives you an adrenaline rush. Then you pick it up and strum it! Once lightly, once again a little harder, then you break full out into a jam. Then you look at the clock and it has been 3 to 4 hours. This is what the Batson 2011 Road Trip Guitar did to me!

One of the first things you notice is the expert wood crafting. One of the most beautiful guitars I have ever played. As someone previously said, the bevel is such an added comfort. I had never played a guitar with a bevel and it was a very comfortable experience. The guitar just seems to “Fit” better in your arms.

Now to one of the most important parts, the sound. It was much louder than I expected. It was very easy to hear the high, lows and mids separately as I played. I did not have to work to keep them all at the same volume. It has an awesome voice. I plugged in and amped it up for about an hour. I really enjoyed this as it allowed me to finger pick very softly but to crank the volume. Once again everything sounded really awesome.

Thanks so much Grant and Cory for allowing me/us this opportunity to play such an awesome instrument. From perusing the pictures on your website I assumed that these instruments belonged in a gallery displayed as art on a wall somewhere (actually I still believe that) but I also believe we should take them down and play the crap out of them as much as possible too.

Thanks again. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I did!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:32 PM

Default Batson Road Trip Guitar Specs and Pics

Batson Road Trip Guitar Specs:
Model: Auditorium
Soundboard: Caucasian Spruce
Back & Sides: Cocobolo
Fingerboard Wood: Ebony
Fingerboard Purfling: Maple Fingerboard Purfling
Binding: Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle
Soundhole: Purfling & Binding
Headstock Front Veneer: Ebony
Headstock Binding: Yes
Headstock Purfling: Yes
Neck Style: Mahogany 1 Piece (25.5" Scale)
Nut Width: 1 3/4"
Neck Finish: Gloss
Purfling Soundboard: Natural Woods
Purfling Sides & Back: Natural Woods
Other Options: Quarter Bevel
Tuning Machines: Black Chrome Gotoh 510z
Pickups: L.R. Baggs Anthem SL
Strings: Lights

Old 11-19-2011, 11:01 PM

It was fun! I'd like to see a current photo of the case with all of the sigs

-mike

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
batson guitar, road trip guitar