The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-25-2024, 03:27 AM

Default Acus One Wood 10 350w

I was wondering if any members have any experience with these?

I've just purchased one and it's winging its way to me as I speak. I've been looking for something a little more portable than our current Yamaha MG20XU PA system for smaller pub/coffee shop gigs.

It'll be mainly used for our singers and my acoustic guitar which is a Guild D55 fitted with LRBaggs Anthem. Our fiddle, mandolin and bass have their own rigs.

I'd be interested to hear others views on the Acus 10 as they seem rather thin on the ground and there's not many real life reviews.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:19 PM

So, as the amp turned up today, just in time for rehearsals, here's my thoughts on how it sounded...

It didn't sound like anything! Quite incredible really. The band sounded exactly how we always sound when we play acoustically only louder. Had three mics plugged in, my D55 and a mandolin/bazzouki.

My acoustic guitar sounded like my guitar unplugged just louder, as did the other instruments and vocals.

I haven't seen the need to change any settings and kept everything flat so it'll be interesting to see if this will be the case when it's used at our next gig.

It's very refreshing to just plug in and play without having to tweak anything. The Acus is a remarkable bit of kit.

It makes for a very nice jazz amp too. Made my 330 style guitar sound very Kenny Burrell just by rolling off the guitars tone on the neck pickup.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Very cool. I guess I've seen photos of this but never heard of any real-world experience. For one thing if you prefer analog controls you're in heaven. And 30 or so pounds isn't too much to move around for most of our scenarios.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:35 PM

I wasn't familiar with this unit. Looking at the specs and knowing Acus, I bet it's terrific. Price wise it looks like very good option compared to some powered speaker and mixer options. I think I would have enjoyed this unit. I think the only question for me would be weight. Looks like you found a winner!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification