The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-21-2013, 10:35 PM

Default Hercules stand saved a disaster!

My wife and I volunteered to do sound and music for our Church's Sunday School kids Christmas program today. I decided to play my 20-yr old Kamaka 8-string tenor ukulele as I felt it would be a nice touch to the little kids singing. I set up everything like I do every Sunday for my wife and I when we lead worship - my uke hanging on my Hercules guitar stand, the foldable yoke version. For the uke, I just drop the yoke chuck as low as it can go, and raise the tripod up a bit, fits it perfectly and has for the last year.

Anyways, one of the parents came up to the musicians area to get a close up photo and wasn't paying attention. She took a side step and bumped into my uke while I was at the mixer board a few steps away. And just LIKE A BOSS, the Hercules stand wiggled a bit and then nicely nestled my 8-string baby back to where it rests comfortably on the tripod legs.

Had this been an A-frame or tubular stand, it would've been a disaster!

My Hercules guitar stand has just made it's return of investment 100-fold! It is worth every penny!
Old 12-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Guest316

All of my instruments are on Hercules stands when on stage or at home. The people that play with me on our worship team accuse me of having gotten them at Home Depot lol. They are very secure, and they make me feel secure too.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:38 AM

All my guitars,when their out of their cases,are on Hercules stands,maybe I'm paranoid,but even leaning a guitar temporarily,against a chair/ bed/wall whatever,is courting potential disaster,the thought of breaking the neck,of one of my instruments,fills me with dread!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:44 AM

Joe, your heart must have missed a beat while the stand was tipping. I have a few Hercules stands and they are great.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:14 AM
Charter Member

Yep, those people at Hercules really know what they're doing. The things are solid as rocks. I'll never buy a stand made by anyone else.
Music: The original mood-altering, non-fattening wonder drug. Ask your doctor if music is right for you. Common side effects include, but are not limited to, spontaneous happiness, increased memory and motor function, connection to others, movement of the feet and head, and the occasional persistence of catchy melodies.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:07 AM

Yep, if its adjusted properly, you'd really have to tip the stand a lot to shift the centre of gravity enough to topple it, like someone would literally have to trip over and fall into it to knock it over.

Great bits of kit.

Washburn Mg40 natural alder
Tanglewood les paul copy with twin humbuckers
Old 12-25-2013, 06:27 AM

Default Hercules stand saved a disaster!

I'll have to say, Church around the holidays is pretty rough, I've had 2 close calls this past week...saved by my Hercules stand! One of our choir members wasn't paying attention and got her foot tripped in my instrument cable which was plugged into my Taylor 114ce. It pulled the lower bout off the stand quite a bit. When she realized her foot was caught in it, she stepped out of it and my 114ce whipped right back to the cushioned legs of the Hercules stand - with no damage at all!

Again, I can't say it enough, this stand has returned my investment many times over. If this had been a tubular or A-frame stand...my 114ce would have been on the floor for sure.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
hercules