The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-24-2021, 02:51 PM
Charter Member

Default Tonedexter won't update firmware beyond v1.53? SOLVED

(I have a question in to their support already but wondered if anyone else has faced a similar issue)

I have a Tonedexter I bought from a friend. It came to me with v1.53 firmware installed.

When I have tried to update the firmware to any other version, it always returns an error message. I've tried two different SD cards and they're both formatted with FAT32.

If I go through the same update process using an SD card with v1.53 on it, it "updates" to that version and works fine.

I like the way the unit works and it sounds great with my K&K-equipped Collings. I'd just like to upgrade to the newest firmware and especially to be able to load the "high" version so I can map my mandolin as well.

Last edited by Crowder; 07-24-2021 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:18 PM
Charter Member

Well, good news. It turns out the Tonedexter didn’t like the 2GB SD cards I was trying to use. Once I tried a bigger SD card it went smoothly.

Many thanks to James May who helped me trouble shoot this via email…on a Saturday no less! That’s great support.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification