The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-05-2015, 10:00 AM

Default Another acoustic in "Stupid Deal of the Day" - Breedlove fans must see!

Another acoustic in the "Stupid Deal of the Day" - Breedlove 2014 Studio Concert acoustic. Reg. street price is $899. On sale today for $499. That's 44% off regular price!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=207289
Bedell TB-28G
Guild GAD M20 NA
Michael Kelly V65 SP
Tacoma PM20
Alvarez AP70
Old 03-05-2015, 10:15 AM

I'm in the market for an acoustic-electric with this type of profile and at this price point.

All things being equal, I'd much rather buy used and get more for my money, but if this is a great deal I'll go for it. Someone convince me (or dissuade me, as the case may be) please!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:32 AM

Only 1 11/16 nut width--rats.

I wonder why all their mid to lower range guitars have 1 11/16 nut width and all their higher end ones have 1 3/4.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Laminate maple back and sides... I don't know why but it surprised me that a laminate guitar would go for $899 original price. You can get into a lot of all solid guitars for that.

-Mike
Old 03-05-2015, 10:47 AM

Thanks for pointing that out. I can live with that nut width. Actually I think it's the same as my Yamaha CPX-8 which went out of commission yesterday due to a split in the face and is currently getting locked in a case & humidified. And is also the reason why I need another guitar.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzoom View Post
Only 1 11/16 nut width--rats.

I wonder why all their mid to lower range guitars have 1 11/16 nut width and all their higher end ones have 1 3/4.
I agree...the nut width has kept me from giving a serious look at some of their lower price points. Bummer.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilemike View Post
Laminate maple back and sides... I don't know why but it surprised me that a laminate guitar would go for $899 original price. You can get into a lot of all solid guitars for that.

-Mike
Have you seen the list price of Taylor 200 series (~$1100-1600) that are also laminate sides? There's more to the quality of a guitar than just solid vs. laminate sides.

If you play it right the first time, it's not hard enough.

Breedlove Exotic CM Classic E: Red Cedar/Black Walnut
Bedell Angelica Bellissima Parlor: Sunken Cedar/EIR
Breedlove Crossover OO Mandolin: Sitka/Maple
Old 03-05-2015, 11:32 AM

Awesome deal! I just placed an order and expect it in 4-5 business days. I'll either keep this one or give it to one of my kids. How can you go wrong for $500? It looks like the perfect "questionable gig/jam environment" or beach guitar with great electronics as a bonus. Looking forward to this one.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwayne View Post
I'm in the market for an acoustic-electric with this type of profile and at this price point.

All things being equal, I'd much rather buy used and get more for my money, but if this is a great deal I'll go for it. Someone convince me (or dissuade me, as the case may be) please!
This looks like a great deal, Breedlove makes some really nice guitars, and there is a 45 day return policy that doesn't exclude "deal of the day". So, you are covered if for some reason you don't like it.
Breedlove Passport All-Hog Parlor 2014
Larrivee OM-02 2004
Guild GAD F-130
Seagull Entourage Rustic Mini Jumbo 2011
Zager ZAD 20 2004
Takamine GS430S
Martin LXM
3 Antique Classics

Good Things Come in Small Packages
Old 03-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Doesn't the guild f50 have Laminate back and sides? ITs a pretty $$ guitar too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _zedagive View Post
Have you seen the list price of Taylor 200 series (~$1100-1600) that are also laminate sides? There's more to the quality of a guitar than just solid vs. laminate sides.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixguit View Post
This looks like a great deal, Breedlove makes some really nice guitars, and there is a 45 day return policy that doesn't exclude "deal of the day". So, you are covered if for some reason you don't like it.
(Just a reminder that you have to pay shipping both ways if you don't like it.)
Old 03-05-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterX View Post
Awesome deal! I just placed an order and expect it in 4-5 business days. I'll either keep this one or give it to one of my kids. How can you go wrong for $500? It looks like the perfect "questionable gig/jam environment" or beach guitar with great electronics as a bonus. Looking forward to this one.
Glad to hear it. Hope it's really nice. Looks like it is. If I was in the market, and hadn't already bought a guitar this week, I might be in on this one as well. Wish I could. Looks like another screamin' deal.
Bedell TB-28G
Guild GAD M20 NA
Michael Kelly V65 SP
Tacoma PM20
Alvarez AP70
Old 03-05-2015, 04:10 PM

they are updating the 2015 model with different electronics so must be clearancing these out...new electronics will have usb. Anyone actually play one of these before to offer an opinion, particularly from a gigging standpoint in solo setting?
Old 03-05-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancehallking View Post
they are updating the 2015 model with different electronics so must be clearancing these out...new electronics will have usb. Anyone actually play one of these before to offer an opinion, particularly from a gigging standpoint in solo setting?
I'm actually glad it doesn't have the newer electronics because a USB interface would be useless to me and I had the same LR Baggs system in a Breedlove Atlas 12 string I owned and thought it was excellent. The pickup in this model was what pushed me to jump on this deal more than anything else.

I've never played this particular model, but have played lots of Breedlove guitars and they're a good fit for me. (I've also never played a "bad" Breedlove. They make great guitars.) The body dimensions are close to those of Taylor's concert sized guitars (x12 series), which I play daily, so I'm sure I'll like it.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrumFu View Post
Glad to hear it. Hope it's really nice. Looks like it is. If I was in the market, and hadn't already bought a guitar this week, I might be in on this one as well. Wish I could. Looks like another screamin' deal.
Thanks, Strum. I've never posted a NGD here on AGF, but might for this one since it still might be for sale at this crazy-low price when mine arrives and that would allow AGF'ers who were interested to pounce on the deal.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion