The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Default Santa Cruz serial numbers

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to date the production year of your Santa Cruz model? I noticed that Santa Cruz seems to have info available into 2012, but couldn't find info for more recent years. Does one need to call the company to get the production year for a given guitar post-2012?

Thanks, Mike
Old 01-06-2018, 10:14 AM

Send an email to Carolyn Sills's attention at SCGC -- I bet you'll get a prompt response.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:14 AM

Hey Mike,
On their website there's an email address for questions. Carolyn always answers my queries quickly and clearly.

Good luck,
Scott
Old 01-06-2018, 10:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInBethesda View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to date the production year of your Santa Cruz model? I noticed that Santa Cruz seems to have info available into 2012, but couldn't find info for more recent years. Does one need to call the company to get the production year for a given guitar post-2012?

Thanks, Mike
Richard Hoover told me he wanted to keep the listing of dates a couple years behind to assist the dealer network. That was about three years ago when I asked him to update the listing which at the time only ran through 2009. He had it updated to 2012 then, which remains the most recent revision. It's time for another update.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Charter Member

Thanks all, I'll check with Carolyn at SCGC
Old 01-07-2018, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

You might also check inside on the soundboard - they luthier who voiced the top used to initial and date it, but the guitar may not have been finished up for many months after that -

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion