The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-25-2017, 09:41 AM
Charter Member

Yo BK,

I went thru a full one hour set, then switched for the remaining 3 sets just to be sure that I at least enjoyed the tone of the two images I knew I liked in easy mode to confirm my decision to keep the guitar...I likely

But I'm not done with P mode, I'll be re-tweakin!
Old 12-25-2017, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
I'd be interested in hearing, but not if I have to do Facebook to do so.

Any other presentation media?
Hi D,

You don't have to do FB, it's a public video, just click it and it will play.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
Man, that really sounds great. That's the kind of performance I'm striving for in my shows, but I'm nowhere close. I sing OK but my playing is very simple and basic, especially compared to yours.

P.S. Do you have an "audience mute" pedal? Those people sure are chatty!
Thank you Chris for the kind words! ...."audience mute pedal" now thats funny wish I one for many of these shows!
Old 12-25-2017, 09:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
Merry Christmas Eric.

That was fantastic. By the way, I sold my Fishman Solo and picked up a small Loudbox ARTIST. It has cool effects I have never used before... especially for vocals.

I love the sound you are getting. Is this a Loudbox? What do you have on the vox?
Thank you much Sal and Merry Christmas to you as well bro!

I'm plugging both my vox and guitar directly into my Loudbox Performer. I set the effects to delay for both on the minimal amount , (set dial on each channel at around 9 to 10 o'clock), with a short to medium timing, (set dial to around 1 o'clock).

eric
Old 12-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Congrats on the new guitar, buddy!
Thanks bro!
Old 12-26-2017, 12:42 AM
Charter Member

Loved your performance. I believe I saw the moment it started to feedback and you pressed the knob and it zapped the feedback. Did I catch that correctly?

What a challenging environment. There are a couple places I play where the acoustics are horrible. When guests and audience members say "You sounded great tonight" I translate that to mean; "We really liked your songs and your performance." Laughs. You know?

Then when a musician says; you sounded great and the mix was great ...that's when I am really pleased.

Regardless of acoustics however, your performance was superb both playing and singing and I thought the 000-18 sounded very natural with good acoustic tone 'amplified'.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 12-26-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Hi D,

You don't have to do FB, it's a public video, just click it and it will play.
Thanks, noledog. I was able to see it!

I salute you, sir! That is a difficult environment to perform in, and you did a splendid job with your wonderful voice and a sweet and wonderful 000-18!
Old 12-26-2017, 07:07 AM

Hey 'Nole,

Very nice performance, being a relaxed seasoned performer really shows, well done sir !~!~!

FWIW Auras/PA's/Retros are very powerful and complex, as you know. You can get a decent sound with the easy modes/presets, you can get a great sound after you pay some dues and time tweaking, the possible combinations of image/pickup/EQ (image and pickup have their own EQ)/compression/blend/phase......it's daunting, but rewarding.

Sounds great, I guarantee the discovery/tweaking phase will last a while and just keep getting better and better. I share the fondness for the ribbon microphone images. Have fun exploring and making great music.

Your voice is strong and clean and expressive, major props

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)
Old 12-26-2017, 10:00 AM

Well done - your 000-18 sounds great and your playing and singing voice is quite a gift too.
Fishman Aura is a powerful tool. Makes for easy mic'd guitar tone live, one of the best systems out there.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:31 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Hey friends,

* Here's a maiden voyage of my new Martin 000-18e Retro at cozy venue in Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra Beach, bad acoustics with glass and concrete floors but hey it's a chillax oppurtunity to test n tweak live as the nite wound down on Christmas Eve-Eve.

** The customizing I did prior to this in Performance Mode did not please me tonite and so I did not have time to monkey with it too much so I switched into Easy Mode. Thankfully Easy Mode has my fav mic Image anyway which is a warm ribbon mic and a Neumann U67 which I like for my flesh fingerstyle that I play in this video...you'll hear me talk about the settings as I tweak according to what I hear right then, live tweaking!

*** Switching phase and rollin' the mid-scoop tone control to 90% and volume to 95% dialed in a nice, "natural" tone on the fly and I'm going directly into my Loudbox Performer that has onboard delay that I have on a just a touch...I simply recorded with my canon HD Camera, nuthin' fancy.

**** Do I like it better then my Cooltube equipped MIJ Tak? It's a bit more natural, but not warm as the tube gives, but plugging in is always a compromise eh ladies n gents?

***** Just click on the link below to listen to a lil' original intro noodlin' and Sweet Baby James, it's a public FB link, so you don't have to sign in.

https://www.facebook.com/eric.alabis...6405672588953/

eric
Wow 'NoleDog - that sounds really good! Thanks again for your business. Now we know why you didn't ask us to include instructions with shipment. haha
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 12-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Loved your performance. I believe I saw the moment it started to feedback and you pressed the knob and it zapped the feedback. Did I catch that correctly?

What a challenging environment. There are a couple places I play where the acoustics are horrible. When guests and audience members say "You sounded great tonight" I translate that to mean; "We really liked your songs and your performance." Laughs. You know?

Then when a musician says; you sounded great and the mix was great ...that's when I am really pleased.

Regardless of acoustics however, your performance was superb both playing and singing and I thought the 000-18 sounded very natural with good acoustic tone 'amplified'.
Thank you so very much Gary and yes you did catch the zap spot on!
This venue is always a challenge but that's where I wanted to test this guitar in part for that reason...glad it had a natural tone as that's our goal eh bro!?!

eric
Old 12-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
Thanks, noledog. I was able to see it!

I salute you, sir! That is a difficult environment to perform in, and you did a splendid job with your wonderful voice and a sweet and wonderful 000-18!
Thanks D, glad you were able to check it out & the kind props are much appreciated too!

noledog
Old 12-26-2017, 06:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
Hey 'Nole,

Very nice performance, being a relaxed seasoned performer really shows, well done sir !~!~!

FWIW Auras/PA's/Retros are very powerful and complex, as you know. You can get a decent sound with the easy modes/presets, you can get a great sound after you pay some dues and time tweaking, the possible combinations of image/pickup/EQ (image and pickup have their own EQ)/compression/blend/phase......it's daunting, but rewarding.

Sounds great, I guarantee the discovery/tweaking phase will last a while and just keep getting better and better. I share the fondness for the ribbon microphone images. Have fun exploring and making great music.

Your voice is strong and clean and expressive, major props
Rich my friend, thank you so much for the kind words and info from your experience...I'm always eager to hear your thoughts as a fellow pro!
I'm deep into this P-mode now and it needs more tweakin for sure, but very fun and rewarding.

Cheers to 2018! ...bartender, my friend Rich here will have a single malt Scotch and I'll have a Vanilla Crown, splash of Ginger & a twist o' lime. We'll be sittin' in the corner pickin' and grinin' on a couple Martins

nole
Old 12-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublescale1 View Post
Well done - your 000-18 sounds great and your playing and singing voice is quite a gift too.
Fishman Aura is a powerful tool. Makes for easy mic'd guitar tone live, one of the best systems out there.
D-scaleUno,

Thank you for listening and chimin' in here so kindly! As a Tak Cooltube user for many years, I haven't found much that could compete for what I do till the F1 Aura Plus came along and I've been looking at it since 2014! LOL!!

Thanks again buddy,

eric
Old 12-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaurysMusic View Post
Wow 'NoleDog - that sounds really good! Thanks again for your business. Now we know why you didn't ask us to include instructions with shipment. haha
Thank you Maury for the kind comments! Such a pleasure doing biz with you. Thank you for taking time with me on the many phone calls. Great service from you and Tim as always!

PSA! Folks if you want a fine instrument and superior service and price give Maury a ring!!

God bless & happy New Year bro,

eric

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion