The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-17-2015, 12:37 PM

Default TC Play Acoustic - anyone care to share settings?

Anyone care to share their settings on the TC Play Acoustic? I realize every guitar will be different and need some tweaking but curious as to what you have changed from the defaults and what your settings are on various screens? I dont understand parametric eq and such so curious as to what adjustments, bandwitch, etc you did with that to.

I have Martin 0018v with k&k pure mini. Going into FX150 PA. I've tried it with putting a redeye in the line first as well.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:46 PM

I can't give you much advice you seek, as I have barley touched anything since I got it. That said it has added SO much to my acoustic gigs I don't know what I'd do if I had to go back to not having it. I mainly end up using the "2 high" setting as well as the delay (which I did set to be longer). Hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.youtube.com/user/andrewemmel
Old 11-17-2015, 12:56 PM

I am primarily using a Guild JF30 jumbo (with a Fishman Matrix Infinity) with the Play Acoustic. I've tried going into the deeper editing, and while it can be really useful, I've found it wasn't really necessary for me and the sound I was looking for. Here is how my guitar is dialed in:

BodyRez setting #1 at 100% Sometimes I may dial the bass level back a little depending on the system I'm playing through.

Mod - I use the silky detune, dialed back around -20db (very subtle)

Reveb: HoF plate setting. I can't remember the specifics on this one right off. I will need to check when I get home.

On the last TC YouTube video the guys were using the Play Acoustic, and mentioned toward the end that they may have some good news for those of us who would like to save different guitar settings for different presets (like in the Play Electric). I hope that comes together, as I would love to have the subtle detune and reverb for most rhythm playing, but then to have the option of a thicker chorus or spacious reverb for other presets and such. We shall see.
Takamine Santa Fe
Simon and Patrick Songsmith Parlor
Simon and Patrick Showcase rosewood (with LR Baggs Anthem SL)
Ovation Celebrity Limited Edition CP2001
Old 11-17-2015, 01:06 PM

With my voice, I pretty much stick with a subtle plate reverb, and have the "high" harmony setting on the HIT button, dialed in with just enough to add to my sound on the occasional chorus without getting in the way.

There are some special songs where I use a double (I think I use 1 or 2 voices, tight), one of the more spacious hall settings, and an analog 1/4 delay on the HIT button.
Takamine Santa Fe
Simon and Patrick Songsmith Parlor
Simon and Patrick Showcase rosewood (with LR Baggs Anthem SL)
Ovation Celebrity Limited Edition CP2001
Old 11-21-2015, 06:14 PM

Bumping the thread. I'd love to hear from more users myself.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:55 AM

I have a Martin D-16GT with K & K mini. I use Bodyrez #3 at 100%, but never tried backing off of the amount of Bodyrez. I use the hall reverb and some chorus, also use the switch 3 to turn these on and off. I also use the switch three for boost. Most strumming songs I use reverb only and use chorus and boost on fingerpicked songs.

For voice, I tried a 100 things, but always end up going back to the first 3 factory presets. I have increased the reverb on one and added a flashback delay on another. Otherwise the out of the box stuff is working well for me.

I have play GTX and created a ton of preset - with guitar and vocals. I only wish that the Play Acoustic could do this also.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:12 AM

Sorry meant to add I have a Martin 000 with fishman UST. I use a Baggs para DI in the chain before the play acoustic. I uses the para DI to adjust the EQ settings so I don't have to change the play acoustic settings when I change guitars.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:32 PM

I think most people who have an Acoustic Play will tell you it's a great tool and they love it but I think the sounds you "create" are a very personal thing and takes a lot of experimentation. Like Marty C., I've tried hundreds of different things but always gravitate back to a just a few settings that I think works for me. I like the Bodyrez #3, a subtle "soft hall" reverb (for ballad type songs - plate for others) and a small amount of 2 high harmony used sparingly. But that's this week, and that's the beauty of the Play Acoustic; I can try something else when I get tired of this sound.

If you have not seen it on YouTube, Craig and Tom from TC-Helcon are doing a video series called "Singer's Clubhouse" where they show how to use different techniques with TC-H equipment. There's an especially good one about using presets to create a set list. Here's a link if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL0T..._fYxL7hXGTGRot
Old 11-24-2015, 08:43 AM

I use the Lyric system on both of my acoustic and the BodyRez from Play acoustic only make it sound horrible!! a lot of boomyness with all of the presets. I was having a hard time trying to adjust it and when I tried the "Flat setting" BOOM! Problem solved. I still need compression but I use a Mooer Yellow comp for that. BodyRez function is definitely great for under saddle pickups.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidguevara80 View Post
I use the Lyric system on both of my acoustic and the BodyRez from Play acoustic only make it sound horrible!! a lot of boomyness with all of the presets. I was having a hard time trying to adjust it and when I tried the "Flat setting" BOOM! Problem solved. I still need compression but I use a Mooer Yellow comp for that. BodyRez function is definitely great for under saddle pickups.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but do you run an external pre amp or no? I have a mini Koa e (have had a few spruce in the past and I think this is worlds better ) that I love, but the Es-t system sounds like garbage to me. I was hoping running it through my play acoustic with the body Rez would make it sound better but it doesn't seem to. Anyway I was looking at possibly installing a k&k but I don't really want to have to run an external per amp. Really Id like to figure out a way for the est to sound even useable but I don't know that I can, so now that you said that I looked in to the lyric and it looks promising.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew b emmel View Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread but do you run an external pre amp or no? I have a mini Koa e (have had a few spruce in the past and I think this is worlds better ) that I love, but the Es-t system sounds like garbage to me. I was hoping running it through my play acoustic with the body Rez would make it sound better but it doesn't seem to. Anyway I was looking at possibly installing a k&k but I don't really want to have to run an external per amp. Really Id like to figure out a way for the est to sound even useable but I don't know that I can, so now that you said that I looked in to the lyric and it looks promising.

If you have the expression system bodyrez should be a solution for you, as the matter of fact they demoed the pedal edition with a Taylor and there is a girl on YouTube who made a TC play acoustic review using a Taylor, however, the lyric will give you a more natural tone. Right now I am happy with it and I can only imagine how better will be with a venue or padi.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidguevara80 View Post
If you have the expression system bodyrez should be a solution for you, as the matter of fact they demoed the pedal edition with a Taylor and there is a girl on YouTube who made a TC play acoustic review using a Taylor, however, the lyric will give you a more natural tone. Right now I am happy with it and I can only imagine how better will be with a venue or padi.

No my gs mini has the Es-t, not the expression system. It's just an under saddle transducer. The Es system is much better sounding. That's what I have in my 314ce.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification