The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Hi Jerry,

My first choice is an MIJ Takamine...I play solo for a living and have a wide range of music from Bob Marley to Bob Seger to Bad Company & found the Taks work best for me, especially at high volume. My second setup uses a D18/M80 w Body Rez with both Tak & D18 wireless to two Loudbox Performers.

Here's a live clip of me & my Tak EF261 at Vilano Beach doing a Skynyrd segue to Bad Company with a sprinkle of Led Zep...both vox & guitar simply go direct thru two Fishman LBP's with a touch of delay: https://www.facebook.com/eric.alabis...7153365180853/ ...you don't have to sign into FB, just click play arrow.

My LBP's are my PA, but you in your band setting can also use the DI mix out into a PA & use the Fishman LBP as a monitor as they have a kik stand to lean back on.

Best wishes,

eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret-O'File View Post
Wow Eric, you got some set of pipes! Very impressive singing, playing and overall sound. I wish I could sing a quarter as good as you.
Thank you much F-O-F for your generous comments!
The MIJ Taks & LBP's I must say have worked nicely over the years & a welcomed break from the older, heavier stuff I've used!

Cheers!
Old 12-07-2016, 04:12 PM

I play my T5 for a few acoustic songs like Theme from Endless Summer and Sleepwalk. I'm able to cut through the mix (bass, electric guitar and drummer) pretty well with either my Strawberry Blonde or Acoustamas 150. I've played my Ovation Celebrity a few times with equal success. We are a loud instrumental surf music band. To me its less about the pups and more about amplification. The other guitar player is working with a Fender Cyber-twin and the bass player is running through a Fender bass amp. I'd be looking for the best sounding loud amp I could find if you want to keep up. Recently I've been thinking about ditching my acoustic amps for one of the Bose L1 systems. Kinda pricy, but I've heard them in action and they do what they say the will do in the advertisements.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification