The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Musical minimalist

Default Eastman AC512 short scale w/OHSC 450.00 and shipping

Eastman is sold

Great sounding and playing all solid wood short scale OM guitar with finish checking (see below) thus the low price.

This doesn't need much description for the Eastman buffs out there. These are really, really nice instruments for the money. I've had several of these 500 series guitar in the last couple of years and they are always "headshakers" (how can they do that so cheap??)

This one was marked as a second because of finish checking in the top. If I had to guess, it happened on the way from the distributor to the store because there's not really any evidence it's been played. The only other imperfection on the guitar is a tiny chip out of the finish on the binding on the lower bass bout (can bee seen in one pic)

Zero fret wear, great neck angle, case in 9.8/10 condition with truss wrench in pocket. The nut is 1 3/4, but the spacing at the nut is 1 7/16 - closer to what a 1 11/16 would normally be. The saddle is a hair over 2 1/8. Short scale length at 25".

I've just buffed out the entire body, cleaned and conditioned the fingerboard, polished the frets, tweaked the setup a bit and installed a fresh set of EJ16's.

I had awful lighting here today, so I had to resort to bright incandescent light on a hard angle to get the checking to show up - it's not nearly as bad in person as the pics make it out to be, but I wanted to show everything.

PRICE DROP TO 430 PLUS SHIPPING/PAYPAL

Firm price is 495 and actual shipping to the lower 48 only on my FedEx account. Add 10.00 for paypal and I'll cover the rest if you want to go that route. Will ship in it's original Eastman box with lots of extra padding!!

Again, sorry for the poor quality pics - it's an all day rain day here today and VERY gloomy.

you can see a couple of the checks a little in this one....

you can see the finish chip on the binding in the upper right here....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by fitness1; 11-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Musical minimalist

And here are the finish checks - taken on a hard angle in incandescent light (except for the one of the bass side of the bridge) Makes them look MUCH worse than in person! I couldn't get them to show up in the natural light that was available today.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 11-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Musical minimalist

Back to the top.....

I've had lots of questions - these are FINISH ONLY checks, not into the wood. And the incandescent pictures on a hard angle make them look much worse then they are in natural light looking straight on.

Looks like we may actually get some sun later today - if so I'll take some better pics in natural light.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:20 AM

Default Eastman

This is a steal. Todd is a good guy and knows his stuff. It won't last long at this price.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Musical minimalist

Thanks Bryan, nice chatting with you yesterday.

I'd really like to move this today. I just dropped it a bit more to help with shipping.

Two reasons: First, I'm getting pretty hooked on it, and second, a serious family health issue arose yesterday.

This is a truly wonderful sounding and playing instrument. I'm on the verge of cutting a port in it and keeping it around for a while.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:27 AM

I had an Eastman OM that arrived new and had the same kind of finish checks. I played it a lot and finally sold it to someone locally. The finish checks were never an issue.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by random works View Post
The finish checks were never an issue.
Yes, you forget about them quickly when you play this guitar and realize you paid less than 500 for it. I've had 2000.00 used guitars here that didn't sound as good.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:39 PM

Todd, can you tell me what the Englemann/Mahogany combo sounds like compared to the sitka/mahog? Thanks.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Musical minimalist

The Engelmann top is probably a bit softer than a typical Sitka top giving it some extra warmth. This particular instrument is very full bodied sounding - not bright or thin at all. It has nice string separation and sustain still, but it certainly not lacking in lushness.....

hope that helps.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryaharrell View Post
This is a steal. Todd is a good guy and knows his stuff. It won't last long at this price.
This IS a steal and I almost stole it, but opted for a new Guild F130 as I am partial to mahogany!

But seriously, if you are like many in here and think the check cracks add character, then this should be gone by NOT Monday!!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:28 PM

A great deal here. If I didn't already have two wonderful Eastman OM's I'd be mighty tempted. Hope medical situation is resolved quickly and for the best.

Ray

Last edited by RAD3; 11-10-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Musical minimalist

Back to the top for Tuesday.....

430 plus shipping/paypal until the end of the day, then I'm cuttin' a port in it!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars