The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-29-2014, 06:27 PM

Default Harmonious Blacksmith Theme

Composed by G.F. Handel, transcribed by Frederick Noad. Music in the first part, practice tips in the second.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Charter Member

Brings back 40 year old memories when I first played that. Thanks for sharing.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 08-31-2014, 12:15 PM

Very nice playing! The piece reminded me "Promenade" from "Pictures at the Exhibition" just a little bit (I'm not sure if I ever heard it before). Great idea with practice tips, I think this would be really useful for learners.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Brings back 40 year old memories when I first played that. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Rick. That's close to the time Noad's Solo Guitar Playing was first published, I believe, though I suppose you might also have known it from Giuliani's theme and variations.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaS View Post
Very nice playing! The piece reminded me "Promenade" from "Pictures at the Exhibition" just a little bit (I'm not sure if I ever heard it before). Great idea with practice tips, I think this would be really useful for learners.
Thanks very much Daria! I found doing the voice-over for the practice tips to be challenging. I wonder if anyone likes the sound of their own voice.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Lawler View Post
Thanks very much Daria! I found doing the voice-over for the practice tips to be challenging. I wonder if anyone likes the sound of their own voice.
I actually enjoyed your voice-over. You have very pleasant and calm voice and speak without pauses and "emm"s So I think it's great.

P.S. It just strucked me that this is the theme Giuliani used for his variations, it sounded so familiar, I just couldn't remember from where I know it...Overlooked that fact in your video, it seems (only look at hands .
Old 09-01-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaS View Post
I actually enjoyed your voice-over. You have very pleasant and calm voice and speak without pauses and "emm"s So I think it's great.

P.S. It just strucked me that this is the theme Giuliani used for his variations, it sounded so familiar, I just couldn't remember from where I know it...Overlooked that fact in your video, it seems (only look at hands .
Thanks, Daria.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical