The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-30-2012, 05:30 AM

Default New Guitar day!

I purchased my first higher end guitar the other day. I got the Taylor 416ce. It sounds sooooogreat. I played many different guitars in the store over a few weeks and this is the one.does Anyone else have one they have had for a while? Does the sound change over time? How have the electronics held up?
Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 PM

Yours has the solid spruce topic and solid ovangkol b/s? Yes, absolutely the sound will mature. I came across an older, used Taylor with solid spruce and solid mohag – it was at least 10 years old because they only made that particular model in all solid prior to a certain date. Even my wife appreciated the sound. I have GC3 myself and really look forward to the sound maturing.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:05 PM

I have the NS44CE which was made in 2006. Same spec and woods as yours and mine has really opened up and the spruce top is getting darker and darker
CA GX player sunburst (08)
Taylor 414CE Spring Ltd (09)
Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestarr View Post
... and the spruce top is getting darker and darker
I love that and how the bear clawing if there are any really starts to come out.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:10 PM

Jostan - Welcome to the AGF. Congrats on the 416ce! It's a great guitar and one that you'll enjoy for years to come. What other guitars did you try?

You shouldn't have any problems with the electronics. You have the 3rd, and newest, generation ES. I recommend removing the battery if you're not plugging in. Sometimes people forget the battery is in there and then a couple of years later they check and it has leaked.

Don't be surprised if this thread gets moved over to the "General" subforum ... since it's acoustic guitar related and not classical.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 PM

Default Thank you

I had a 110 for about 4 years. It was a great guitar but I wanted an acoustic electric for some of our jam sessions,and perhaps future small gigs.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM

Congrats! Let see some pics or a video!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 AM

I just played a 314ce and a 414ce at GC and to tell you the truth I was more impressed with the 314ce for some reason it just sounded better to my ears but of course no two are exactly the same so it could have been a fluke I suppose but either were very nice guitars. Good Luck

Never use metronomes; they screw up my timing!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical