The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-08-2015, 08:16 AM

Default Cubs fans, it's not the Curse of the Goat

It's the Ghost of Harry Pulliam.

You could argue that both the Cubs and the Umpires conspired that day on the Polo Grounds many years ago.

You can't suddenly enforce the rules that you haven't been enforcing without informing both sides. The Cubs knew that, and they knew the umps hated McGraw.

Find a way to exorcise the Ghost and the Cubs will win the WS again. Not until.

P.S. If you are a bb fan and you are lost in this discussion, sorry, I don't have time to write a book. Google will help.
Garcia #2 classical
Cordoba C10 Luthier Series
Tacoma Olympia OB3CE acoustic bass

"I don't care what style you want to play. If you want to master good guitar tone, master preparation, attack and release first." ~ Paul Guma
Old 10-08-2015, 01:13 PM

Unfortunately, we are about to be visited by the Curse of the Cardinal(s). But for the next few days we can still celebrate.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Sandy View Post
Unfortunately, we are about to be visited by the Curse of the Cardinal(s). But for the next few days we can still celebrate.
I firmly believe that curse is being lifted. Sure, in baseball any team can beat any other team, but right now the Cubs are a better baseball team than the Cardinals. They also have the best pitcher in baseball right now, and they are completely unafraid of any team, including the Cards. I'm going Cubs in six.

And as for the years to come, this might be the worst Cubs team we see for a while, given the core roster's youth.

So take heart, Sandy.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:27 PM

Check that, 4 games....it's only a 5 game series...duh!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryzer View Post
I firmly believe that curse is being lifted. Sure, in baseball any team can beat any other team, but right now the Cubs are a better baseball team than the Cardinals. They also have the best pitcher in baseball right now, and they are completely unafraid of any team, including the Cards. I'm going Cubs in six.

And as for the years to come, this might be the worst Cubs team we see for a while, given the core roster's youth.

So take heart, Sandy.
Arietta is amazing, isn’t he?

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryzer View Post

So take heart, Sandy.
Glad you corrected your prediction

As a lifetime Cards fan I think the Cards are the better team over a 162 game season. But in 5? Now? The Cards are banged up and limped into postseason. I think your Cubs have a better than even shot. The only thing preventing me saying it is clearly a Cubs advantage is you had to burn Arrieta in the WC game so the Cards will see him only once. If you get past the Cards Arrieta has the look of Bumgarner last year and he could take the Cubs all the way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic