The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 PM

Default acoustic ampli for 314CE

Dearest friends,
Anybody have any sugesstion or experiences what are the recommended acoustic amplifier for taylor guitar serie 314 CE
I would really appreciate if somebody could help me.
Best regard
Babab-jakarta
Old 03-24-2010, 08:23 PM

I have a Roland AC-60, which has been really good with my 514CE.

There is a more powerful unit, the AC-90.

I would strongly recommend it. It is also light and relatively easy to transport.

C
Old 03-24-2010, 09:58 PM

I have one of these AG 100 D, I'm pretty happy with it.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitara...sticseries.php
Taylor 312 CE (Nashville Tuning)
Martin D-35
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi Hollow
Fender USA Stratocaster
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Fender "72" Telecaster Deluxe
Mesa Boogie, Fender,& Carvin Amps

http://www.myspace.com/jeffreiner
http://www.myspace.com/endcountyroad
Old 03-25-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababtaylor View Post
Dearest friends,
Anybody have any sugesstion or experiences what are the recommended acoustic amplifier for taylor guitar serie 314 CE
Best regard
Babab-jakarta
I have gigged with a little Fender Acoustasonic 30 and found it very adequate. But I now have the Fender Acoustasonic Junior DSP with twin drivers and twin 40w amps. It is fantastic! I use both amps in my larger venues and line-out of the Junior to the 30 with the nice XLR output (which has its own control pot). I tried out the Baggs Core and several Rolands before buying the Junior and preferred the Fender for both tone and looks.

Got the best price on the Fender Acostasonic Junior DSP at the Guitar Center.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Dearest friends,
Best regard
Babab-jakarta
The reference amp in the Taylor shop is the Rivera Sedona (I got the Sedona Lite) but, those may be a little hard to find in Jakarta.

Several good suggestions have been made, the Ultrasound DS4 is popular here. I played thru a Marshall AS50D that wasn't too bad, but wound up getting a Laney 65C which I liked, for a solid state amp.

Some folks here prefer the vertical array PA systems like Bose L1, and Fishman SA220, for better dispersion.

Play thru as many as you can, before you buy. Depending on how large a venue you have, generally speaking, more watts is better.

We can help you better if you tell us how you plan to use the amp (performing, vocal, effects etc.)
1905 Steinway 7ft. Grand, Model B (the wife's)
2008 Epi BB King Lucille/Vox AD50VT
I miss my: (purchased new)
1973 Takamine F360S (Martin lawsuit special) and
1977 Takamine F400S 12 string
Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 AM

Been using the SWR California Blonde with my 314 for several years now...heavy amp but I like it. frank
Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 PM

i just bought a roland ac-60 for my acoustics.it sounds great
taylor 614ce 2004
breedlove C25/CRH
alvarez yairi DY62c 2005
Old 03-26-2010, 01:59 AM

I use a Fishman Loudbox 100, for my acoustics.

Small size, light weight, big sound, clean tone, good features, two channels, Also, works great with nylon sting guitars.

Gary
Yamaha NTX700
Recording King ROS-06
Greg Bennett OM 8CE
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Ibanez AG95 DBS
Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Dearest friends,
Best regard
Babab-jakarta
What price range do you have in mind?

The best amplifier for Expression System equipped guitars is going to be the one with the highest fidelity. To that end, the presence of a tweeter is important and since the reason for the Expression System's existence is to provide a better sound than piezoelectric transducers are capable of, one wouldn't want to defeat that purpose by buying an amplifier with a piezoelectric tweeter. Though there are people clearly satisfied with their sound, the Roland AC-60 has no tweeter (the more expensive AC-90 does) and the Fender Acoustasonic™ 30 DSP, Junior DSP and SFX II have piezoelectric tweeters.

The Ultrasound DS4 is probably the most popular amp among our members, and the more powerful, Carvin AG100D is a good value.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/product...product=AG100D

http://www.ultrasoundamps.com/image-viewer-ds4.htm
Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 AM

Dearest friends
thankyou very much for your kindly advise.
It is not easy,actually to find good amp in Jakarta.I have browsed many store ini Jakarta and Bandung, to find out that several amps which was recommended in this forum are sound good for my hearing. . this afternoon I just found fender acoustasonic, marshal as100D, Hartke, Roland Ac-60 and Roland KC-150.
it seems, for the time being, from several amp i have tried, fender is better, in term of its natural sound and its price. I heard from my friend that SWR california blondie is very good, but i never heard it by myself. Tommorow i'll try to try fishman loudbox 100 or loundbox performer. I wanna to compare with fender acoustasonic.
Although it is kind of personal experiences, but i really want hear if Anybody have tried to compare both amps (fishman and fender)?
@hunter : would you mind share your experience what do you mean with piezoelectric tweeters. so you suggest that the appropriate amps for Taylor ES system are amps which have piezoelectric tweeters? how about fender acosutasonic jr? i like this amps, the problem only its size. It is to big for using at home and its potentially could make my wife unhappy with...I think there is ultrasound and carvin in Jakarta
@Gary, thanks for your advice, tommorrow i'll gonna try fishman. most fishman amp in jakarta already essembled in china. Has it still have the similiar quality with one that origanally made in US?
@olrocker, i just want to use it at home with my little daughter who will sing a song. I also have bought GB shenandoah jr, but i feel the produced sound
is not really similliar with original sound produced by my taylor. it might be, i set it wrongly. I have just sold that amp
@colius and dave, i agree that roland is very good amp, but i feel they produce different sound or could be i can set that amp..

so..i am, actually a bit confused.....but it is very amazing journey to find out an amps that i feel ok and it not too expensive (not more than 600 US$). Hopefully, I could decided the amps i like most before president obama drop by in his old town, Jakarta..

Best regards
Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
...@hunter : would you mind share your experience what do you mean with piezoelectric tweeters. so you suggest that the appropriate amps for Taylor ES system are amps which have piezoelectric tweeters? how about fender acosutasonic jr? i like this amps, the problem only its size. It is to big for using at home and its potentially could make my wife unhappy with...I think there is ultrasound and carvin in Jakarta. ...
Quote:
@hunter : would you mind share your experience what do you mean with piezoelectric tweeters. so you suggest that the appropriate amps for Taylor ES system are amps which have piezoelectric tweeters? how about fender acosutasonic jr? i like this amps, the problem only its size. It is to big for using at home and its potentially could make my wife unhappy with...I think there is ultrasound and carvin in Jakarta
Piezoelectric tweeters are very simple, inexpensive, rugged tweeters that will work without a crossover network (which further reduces costs). They are not known for high fidelity which is why you won't find then in quality stereo systems or in high quality public address systems. Dynamic tweeters on the other hand are more expensive to manufacture, require the additional cost of a crossover network and are more fragile. Some manufacturers add circuitry to help protect the tweeters.

My recommendation is to consider amplifiers that have dynamic tweeters like the Ultrasound or Fishman models. However if you have tried a Fender Acoustasonic and like the way it sounds better than amplifiers with dynamic tweeters, then you should disregard my recommendation. What matters is what sounds good to you.

A good way to judge an acoustic amplifier is to plug the guitar in to the amp but turn the volume all the way down so that you only hear the guitar without amplification. Then slowly turn up the volume and notice how much the tone changes as the volume increases. An amplifier should sound as much like your guitar as possible only louder. If it makes your guitar sound different then it isn't the best choice. The amplifier that introduces the least amount of tonal change is the one best suited for your guitar. This assumes that you are not looking for an amplifier that makes your guitar sound different from its natural tone.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:42 PM

Welcome to the AGF, bababtaylor! Great to have you with us.

cotten
Old 03-28-2010, 07:14 PM

If you likes the Acoustasonic.... you'll LOVE the Ultralight !

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...nic+ultralight
Old 03-29-2010, 09:18 AM

finally i bought fender acoustasonic jr...thanks for any advice...acoustasonic ultralight..why not..i would love to try..any suggestion how to find it?
Old 03-29-2010, 04:32 PM

Well... the Ultralights are hard to come by at the local retail level, I will say that.

Mine is for sale.... best way to try it is to purchase mine and give it a real in-home workout ! You won't be disappointed, I'll tell you that !

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...der+ultralight

I auditioned the Acoustasonic DSP after reading about it here and was pretty impressed.... but after I sampled the ULtralight.... WOWO ....said I, what a difference ! It is just noticeably that much more.

Give me a shout if you are interested and we'll see if we can work something out !

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification