The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-29-2014, 08:19 AM

Default Small Bodied Guitar for UK buyer.

Hi, I am looking for a small bodied guitar. This would be a Parlour size up to a size 0 or the particular makers equivalent. I am looking for a low profile or C shape neck, with a nut width of 1 13/16ths or 1 3/4 inch. The string spacing at the bridge would preferably be 2 5/16ths, or maybe 2 1/4 inches. The scale length 24.9. The preferred measurments are the same as my Brook Taw, which is why I am aiming to get as close to these as possible. My favoured woods are Mahogany and spruce, although I am open to other combinations. I mainly play country Blues and Rags. The max price would be $1800, this is to factor in postage to the UK and the dreaded 20% VAT at my end
So thanks for reading my post, any advice as to what is out there is valued. As are offers of potential sales.
Cheers.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strooo View Post
I have a custom Larrivee P 05 available that I was actually going to post in the next day or so. Here is the info:

Model: P-05 Quilted Mahogany Custom, Features: Italian Spruce Top, Herringbone top purfling, deluxe bridge wing inlays, snakewood binding, custom soundhole label

I bought the guitar last October after having shoulder surgery thinking it would be easier on my shoulder to play but unfortunately it is not comfortable for me due to the surgery. It is in pristine (brand new) condition having hardly been played. The quilted mahogany is stunning and it sounds beautiful. It includes the original Larrivee hardshell case. If it was not for the shoulder issue I would not be selling it. I am asking $1,250 plus shipping. If there is interest I can email you pictures.
Thanks for the reply,
Do you know what the string spacing at the bridge is ? I think I read somewhere that it is 2 3/16ths, although I stand to be corrected.
Thanks once again.
Cheers.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:17 PM

Check my sig.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Up G View Post
Check my sig.
Hi,
Nice guitar but a wee bit to big for me.
Cheers.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:25 PM
AGF Sponsor

Maybe you will feel comfortable checking out a McKnight mini-mac TAMCO, UK.

The build thread:

http://69.41.173.82/forums/showthrea...light=mcknight

Trevor is a member of this forum and I truly believe he can guide you to a guitar that is the best fit physically and financially for you. He's located in your area.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Charter Member

I'm just up the road near Rochdale and have currently 14 guitars. You are welcome to try them to see if anything suits you and if not to get a clearer idea of what you are looking for. See my signature below. Email me if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzywest View Post
Hi, I am looking for a small bodied guitar. This would be a Parlour size up to a size 0 or the particular makers equivalent. I am looking for a low profile or C shape neck, with a nut width of 1 13/16ths or 1 3/4 inch. The string spacing at the bridge would preferably be 2 5/16ths, or maybe 2 1/4 inches. The scale length 24.9. The preferred measurments are the same as my Brook Taw, which is why I am aiming to get as close to these as possible. My favoured woods are Mahogany and spruce, although I am open to other combinations. I mainly play country Blues and Rags. The max price would be $1800, this is to factor in postage to the UK and the dreaded 20% VAT at my end
So thanks for reading my post, any advice as to what is out there is valued. As are offers of potential sales.
Cheers.

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com
Old 07-30-2014, 03:55 AM

Thank you for the replies. The McKnight guitar featured in the build sure looks beautiful and I will be checking out TAMCO again.
Chris, thanks for the generous offer, if something comes up in my price range similar to your guitars

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars