The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

Smile Free LP!! My 2nd Album Out in 1 Week!!!

The first 5 people who respond to this post will get my 2nd Album Glorified for free. You have to PM your email address and you have to use itunes to receive the album.

I'm excited to announce that my 2nd Album Glorified will be out on April 7th next tuesday. It has 16 original songs and will be available at most fine online music stores including itunes, amazon, emusic, napster, and rhapsody.

It has a mixture of different style with everything from soft acoustic music to full on rock and roll, there is also a modern blues and rockabilly song on there for good measure!! This album has been almost a year in the making and I'm excited its finally coming out!!!!!! You can hear some sound samples on my myspace page in my signature. Also my first album Wonderful Love is available at www.itunes.com/bobbyswanson

2nd Album out April 7th 2009

1st Album came out June 2008.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 03-31-2009, 01:39 PM

Default Sure

I'd love to hear your work!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." -Master Oogway (KungFu Panda)

Guitars:
Taylor 614ce ('07)
Taylor 612ce ('10)
Taylor BT3 Baby Maple ('07)
Yamaha G-235 (late '70s) Classical
Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele ('11)

LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI
Old 03-31-2009, 02:16 PM

Hey Bobby me too!- Good luck with the release!

Picotte 12 Fret Dread - German Spruce/Claro Walnut
Taylor Custom GC6 - Sitka/Flamed Maple
Martin Custom 000-15sm All Genuine Mahogany
Cordoba C12 Limited - Euro Spruce/ Madi Rosewood

Last edited by aphillips; 03-31-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-31-2009, 02:20 PM

I too would enjoy this.

Thanks...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

Two more still available!!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 AM

I'd like one too if they are still available. Always like to hear new and good music. Thanks
Hal
Old 04-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

with my 500th post I have one free Album available!!! Somebody must want a free album!!??

Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 AM

I certainly do!!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Thanks to those who replied I will get those albums out to you when they are available, I hope you enjoy them.

A few weeks back I wrote 5 songs in 5 days and I'm planning on putting an EP out with them later in the year. It was a good week! They still need some work though.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
Thanks to those who replied I will get those albums out to you when they are available, I hope you enjoy them.

A few weeks back I wrote 5 songs in 5 days and I'm planning on putting an EP out with them later in the year. It was a good week! They still need some work though.

Good job Bobby, I love it when the juices flow like rivers, enjot it while the come because as usual droughts will be here eventually. I got a real good idea last night that I think is a keeper. Write on dude
Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 AM

While I missed out on the free CDs, I wanted to wish you the best of luck. Perhaps you can share some of your inspiration/songrwriting tips to help spark the rest of us I'll be sure to check out your tunes when I get home!

Taylor Honey-burst 614c
Kala Mahogany Ukulele

Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
Old 04-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger29 View Post
While I missed out on the free CDs, I wanted to wish you the best of luck. Perhaps you can share some of your inspiration/songrwriting tips to help spark the rest of us I'll be sure to check out your tunes when I get home!
Thank You

I find that sometimes I go through droughts like MP said with either lyrics or music where I just can't seem to get one or the other or both aren't coming. I have been writing songs for about 13 years now ever since I started playing guitar. I have written over 80 songs now in one book that I use.

Mainly I need some sort of topic or focus for lyrics. With 5 recent songs in one week I set out to do a topical EP and thought I'm going to write 4-6 with this topic in mind and I had one old set of lyrics from a song I never finished that I used. I also had a few different guitar things that I had been messing with for a while that I used.

The biggest influence for me that week was a Baritone Santa Cruz that I had picked up. There is something about playing standard chords and hearing them sound completely different. I wrote two songs that week with the baritone tuned in standard intervals from B-B. They are on my myspace page right now.

Sometimes its as simple as recording a guitar part/chord progression. Then making a melody and words fit over the top of it in an interesting way. I find often my melodies are more interesting when I make them up with out playing the guitar at the same time. Other times I use some random words and make up a melody while I'm playing an interesting guitar part or chord progression and they will be more rhythm based and have a little more feel. I also like to write songs on the piano and then play them the same way on the guitar or vise versa to come up with more interesting and different instrument parts.

My favorite song writers are David Bazan of Pedro the Lion, Marty Sampson from Hillsong, Paul McCartney. They have all been a huge influence on my song writing in different ways.

I use Apple Logic with a Motu Ultralite to do most of my recordings. I have some good mics and a good 88 key midi controller as well.

I could type or talk on and on about this subject!!! I love writing songs even more at times then playing music. We use a lot of these song in my church Valley Bible Church in Hercules and then I write a lot of song for my wife and kids and for other friends and family at times.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 AM

Dough! I missed out on free. As Jerry Seinfeld says "free is good, nobody turns down free. It's what separates us from the animals"! Or, something to that effect.

Congrats on the new album.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:54 AM

Man, 2 albums out in a week! Talk about prolific!

http://www.youtube.com/ayavner

2006 Martin OMC Aura (Laurelin)
1998 Martin HD-28 (Telperion)
Epiphone WildKat w p90s and Bigsby!
1997 Rickenbacker 360/12V64

Dearly Departed:
1981 Yamaha FG 335
Alvarez AJ60SC12
Regal RD35 Roundneck dobro
Old 04-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayavner View Post
Man, 2 albums out in a week! Talk about prolific!

Its actually just one album out next week. The other one came out last year.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell