The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-30-2016, 07:54 PM

Default Classical sound

At present I have a LaPatrie collection, was thinking of getting a Córdoba C12.
Would there be a big difference in volume and tone.
Both is cedar/ rosewood
As assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Justin guitar
Fredrick Noad
Old 07-01-2016, 05:55 PM

what don't you like about the la petrie? I am considering buying a la petrie concert, but I don't have any dealers that stock them near me. My local GC has several Cordoba's. The most expensive one they carry is the gk negra studio, which plays nice but I am hesitant to buy because it's made in China. I have heard of the some of the lower end models being hit or miss with Cordoba, and I am more familiar with Seagull and Godin which are in the same family as La Petrie and it's made in North America.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmey View Post
what don't you like about the la petrie? I am considering buying a la petrie concert, but I don't have any dealers that stock them near me. My local GC has several Cordoba's. The most expensive one they carry is the gk negra studio, which plays nice but I am hesitant to buy because it's made in China. I have heard of the some of the lower end models being hit or miss with Cordoba, and I am more familiar with Seagull and Godin which are in the same family as La Petrie and it's made in North America.
To be honest I really don't have any problems /issues withe the LaPatrie
Some reviews have said lapatries to on the intermit side, I guess they mean it to be on the quiet side
I don't have much experience on different models nylon string, live in the Caribbean, no access to try out different models here, every time I go up to the USA could never find a store with the Córdoba c12 to do a comparison, only on YouTube which is not too effective to do an evaluation.
So I rely on help from you guys.
I ended getting the la Patrie due to my wife being in Canada, and asked her to get it for me.only when she reached home I saw a LaPatrie for the first time.
Justin guitar
Fredrick Noad
Old 07-01-2016, 08:03 PM

i haven't played either, so take my response with a grain or two of salt. i own a c9, and have played other godin guitars. the c9 is a well made guitar and superior to any la patrie guitar i have played.

i would guess the c12 will be much more responsive, more handcrafted, and a finer instrument.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:44 PM

The lattice bracing on the C12 produces increased volume, while retaining the Spanish warmth. The cedar top is louder than the spruce, which may or may not appeal. It's a clearly finer guitar, in all respects, than the Fusion Orchestra. I have both a Spruce C12 and a Cedar Fusion.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the response, really appreciate it

Dave
Justin guitar
Fredrick Noad

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical