The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-10-2017, 06:48 AM

Congrats on the new Martin LJ.

I'm in the same boat you're in, as I've never fallen in love with
any Martin yet.

I really have been looking .

I saw a Martin just like the one in a pawnshop last year, and I got excited because it was a REALLY good price.

I picked it up and played it for a while, but again I had to pass on it because there was nothing inspirational about the guitar in fell or tone.

I could have bought it w/ OHSC for $800 out the door, and I still couldn't pull the trigger on it.

I know not all guitars sound the same even among the same model, so it could have been a dud.
'81 Martin 7-28 7/8 D-28
'03 Taylor Jumbo Custom
'04 Ramirez 1-E Classical
'09 Breedlove Roots OM/SR acoustic/electric
‘15 Martin Centennial DC - 28E
Old 12-10-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsunburst59 View Post
Congrats on the new Martin LJ.

I'm in the same boat you're in, as I've never fallen in love with
any Martin yet.

I really have been looking .

I saw a Martin just like the one in a pawnshop last year, and I got excited because it was a REALLY good price.

I picked it up and played it for a while, but again I had to pass on it because there was nothing inspirational about the guitar in fell or tone.

I could have bought it w/ OHSC for $800 out the door, and I still couldn't pull the trigger on it.

I know not all guitars sound the same even among the same model, so it could have been a dud.
Thanks.

Well, I’m not expecting anything to be honest. I’ve been down this road before. The only intriguing aspect of this guitar are the specs. But, specs are on paper. You can’t really tell much from YouTube videos.

Although it’s paid for it won’t ship until tomorrow. I’m wrestling with canceling the order and forgetting it.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:11 AM

Crossroads Music in Port Townsend, Wa. has a NOS for sale according to their web-site. In my experience they are good people to deal with. I have bought several guitars from them over the years.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGraw View Post
Crossroads Music in Port Townsend, Wa. has a NOS for sale according to their web-site. In my experience they are good people to deal with. I have bought several guitars from them over the years.
Thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion