The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-17-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatcat View Post
I'm Italian and in Italy is hard to find an open mic nights. I want to organize one and I need to know what 'material' I need.
This is the materials I think i need:
2 mic
Mixer
Acoustic amp (wired to mixer)
Electric amp (wired to mixer)
Speaker
Monitor
Acoustic guitar
Need other stuff?
And the bigger question: who play in open mic? Only guitarist, singers, piano?
I have to stay in mixer for every performance? How many time a person on stage? 10/15 min? No sound check?
Sorry my many question but I like to know how you made open mic in USA.
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.
Ciao
Some thoughts:
- Where in Italy are you? Are you sure there is enough potential support to keep the open mic going?
- 10-15 minutes per act, plus a brief sound check for each performer should be OK. Guitars etc. must be in tune before act takes the stage, tuning time on stage should be deducted from that performer's time.
- If the venue has a piano, OK, if it is kept in tune. Preferably no electronic keyboards, they take too long to set up.
- When I lived in New York City there were a lot of open mic venues, now not so much. The most successful right now is a place called Caffe Vivaldi. I don't know them, but f you look it up on openmikes.org it gives contact information, they might be willing to offer advice.
In bocca al lupo!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
guitar, mic, open, open mic, organize