The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-26-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychojohn View Post
Amature ? I think not !! This is an awesome build for a first guitar, but looking at the equipment you used you can't possibly be an amature wood worker. If you own that equipment, I know I am right. I'd have a hard time finding the "on" switches let alone know how to use the machines. So come clean, you've been doing some form of wood working for a awhile ?

Previous wood working experience or not, you've done an awesome job and created a beautiful looking guitar and I wish I had a smidgen of your skill.

Congratulations !!

John
John,
Thanks
It is not my first build, it is the first "build thread" I have done . As stated about 4 posts ago, I started in January this year learning to build and this is my 8th guitar this year. When I jump in and do something I jump all in.

Never been a woodworker but have been a mechanic so I have a pretty good understanding how things work. The drum sander ($400 on craigslist) is my biggest investment in equipment.

Travis
Old 11-27-2014, 10:53 PM

Looking good!!

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Old 12-02-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenewt View Post
Wow!!! That is beautiful! You just built my dream build: walnut and cedar. I really hope to try my hand at building, and threads like this give me hope! Thanks for sharing! Well done! How about a sound clip???? :-)
I've had the pleasure of playing this sweetheart. Like most cedar tops, it doesn't like to be pushed, but cooperate with it, and you're rewarded with a remarkably dynamically balanced voice... crisp lows, never "thuddy"... sweet mids, and clean, distinct highs. I've test driven several other guitars from this builder... this one's my favorite. Pretty easy on the eyes as well.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakSoftly View Post
I've had the pleasure of playing this sweetheart. Like most cedar tops, it doesn't like to be pushed, but cooperate with it, and you're rewarded with a remarkably dynamically balanced voice... crisp lows, never "thuddy"... sweet mids, and clean, distinct highs. I've test driven several other guitars from this builder... this one's my favorite. Pretty easy on the eyes as well.
This is NOT helping my GAS! Tek, with endorsements like this, I'm thinking you need to continue to be prolific at building! Sounds like you have quite the knack for it! I'd love to hear it myself!
Old 12-02-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakSoftly View Post
Thanks SpeakSoftly,
I appreciate you taking time to give your impression of my build. You certainly make it sound good. It is fun being on the other side of the guitar to see what they sound like from that perspective.
Travis
Old 12-19-2014, 10:39 AM

Default Sound Sample

I tried my first recording on this guitar last night, actually first recording ever. This is just with my phone and my playing so it is not up to the standards of most here. I have been spending more time building than playing this year. At least it gives you an idea what it sounds like.

https://soundcloud.com/tek2014/8-cedar-walnut
Old 12-19-2014, 01:29 PM

Tek, nicely done! I mean that! I love the tone of that guitar!

What would you sell it for??? HA!

Seriously man, well done!
Old 12-19-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenewt View Post
Tek, nicely done! I mean that! I love the tone of that guitar!

What would you sell it for??? HA!

Seriously man, well done!
Thanks Treenewt , That is the same question I got from Mark (Speaksoftly) when he played it.
Travis

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop